| Very Rare |
DM-01 Base Set (OCG)
DM-01 Base Set
Very Rare is the fourth highest rarity in the Duel Masters trading card game.
They are signified by having foil but the artwork does not protrude from its frame. around 2 to 4 appear every box, sometimes 5. Very Rarely, a box may have 2 duplicate Very Rares. In Revolution, the artwork protrudes out slightly from the card frame.
While they might be less flashy than Super Rares in terms of effect, there are still a lot of powerful cards. Many metagame-dominating cards such as Astral Reef, Bombazar, Dragon of Destiny, Bolmeteus Sapphire Dragon, as well as extremely useful cards, such as Perfect Galaxy, Spirit of Immortality and Balga Raizou, the Super-Heavenly Nova are of this rarity.
Foil pattern change
- In DM-01 to DM-07, they have the same foil as Catino Cards and Heroes Cards.
- In DM-08 to DM-20, Their Civilization symbol has foil on them.
- In DM-21 to DM-23, their civilization symbol does not have foil.
- In DM-24 to DMR-01, the foil was replaced with a fireworks pattern, which is previously seen on Super Rares.
- In Episode 1, the foil is replaced with horizontal stripes.
- In Episode 2, the foil is replaced with tile patterns.
- In Episode 3 to Dragon Saga, it is replaced with a completely different fireworks pattern.
- In Revolution, the foil is a flurry of explosions with the mark saying "VR" in it. Part of the artwork also slightly protrudes out of the card frame.
- It is noted that recent Very Rares tend to be weaker than previous very rares, possible in order to make way for Victory Rares.
- This becomes noticeably better in Revolution.
- They do not have foil in their printed cost or power.
- Perfect Galaxy, Spirit of Immortality and Valkyrias Musashi, Ultimate Battle Dragon are the only very rares with a secret version.
- They do not exist in Full foil packs as all of the cards are already in foil making the rarity redundant.
Awaken ● Battle ● Block ● Break ● Cast ● Charge ● Cross
Destroy ● Discard ● Dragsolution ● Expand ● Forbidden Liberate
Fortify ● Gachinko Judge ● Generate ● Gacharange Summon ● Link ● Reveal ● Seal
Search ● Shuffle ● Summon ● Switch ● Tap ● Trigger ● Upside Down ● Use
Ability ● Artist ● Card Illustration ● Card Name ● Card Number
Card Rarity ● Card Type ● Cost ● Civilization ● Mana Cost ● Mana Number
Power ● Race ● Soul ● Subtype ● Summon Cost ● Supertype
D2 Field ● DG Field ● Dragheart Creature ● Dragheart Fortress ● Dragheart Weapon
Evolution Creature ● Evolution Cross Gear ● Evolution Exile Creature ● Exile Creature
Final Forbidden Creature ● Final Forbidden Field ● Forbidden Core ● Forbidden Creature
Forbidden Field ● Forbidden Impulse ● Gacharange Creature ● Happiness Field
Moonless Night Field ● Neo Creature ● Neo Evolution Creature ● Orega Aura
Psychic Creature ● Psychic Evolution Creature ● Psychic Super Creature ● Twinpact
Ceremony of Zeron ● Zeron Creature ● Zeron Nebula
Super Deck Zero Duel ● Start Deck Champion Finals
Adds Civilization ● Adds Race ● Alternate Win ● Alternative Cost
Attack Bend ● Basic Card ● Cantrip ● Card Discard ● Chump Block
Cost Reduction ● Deck Manipulation ● Degenerate ● Diamond State
Draw Engine ● Draw Lock ● Draw Source ● Draw Spell
Extra Turn ● Finisher ● Graveyard Fertilizer ● Graveyard Summon
Hand Addition ● Hand Change ● Increase Power
Infinite ● Infinite Attacker ● Infinite Blocker
Mana Acceleration ● Mana Burn ● Mana Curve ● Mana Summon
Opponent Reliance ● Peeping ● Prevents Attack ● Prevents Defeat
Reset ● Resistance ● Reverse Fury Charge ● Reverse Slayer ● Shield Addition
Shield Burn ● Shield Change ● Shield Peek
Suicide ● Skip the rest of the turn ● Trample
Unattackable ● Unblockable ● Unchoosable
Vigilance ● Win All Battles ● 3D Dragsolution
Cards that can be put into the Battle Zone at the start of the game
Blocker Based Removal ● Bounce ● Can Attack Untapped Creatures
Card Based Removal ● Decrease Power ● Fixed Removal ● Force Battle ● Mass Removal
Power Based Removal ● Reset ● Sealing ● Self Removal ● Tap In ● Tap and Destroy
4 or more of this card in your deck ● Activation Cost ● Additional Cost ● Attacking Creature
Can't be destroyed ● Choose a race ● Color Accident ● Concept ● Consists of ● Counter
Dead Card ● Deck Building ● Deck Compression ● Designer's Combo ● Evolution Icon
Evolution Source ● Face Up ● Forced ● Gacha Figure ● Game
Game Table ● Key Card ● Limited Card ● Mode ● Name Rule ● Optional ● Overkill
Play ● Power Creep ● Psychic Cost ● Quasi-Vanilla ● Real Cost ● Repair
Rock-Paper-Scissors ● Stop ● System Creature ● The Over Eggplant-cross
Touch ● Trivia card ● Twinpactification