- User talk:Yami Michael/Archive1
- User talk:Yami Michael/Archive2
- User talk:Yami Michael/Archive3
- User talk:Yami Michael/Archive4
- User talk:Yami Michael/Archive5
- User talk:Yami Michael/Manga and Anime
Hello mate I'm kinda a huge fun of Duel masters too since 5 years ago when i was 11 (now im 16) i collect enough cards mostly rare but one card i find was super rare light type
i was looking the cards that you made them in huge and clear cions and i was wondering when will you put more?
Hi I'm A huge fun of Duel Masters and i saw your gallery with all this clear duel masters cards and i was wondering if you could put more or you have stoped?
- Hey. I've been lazy a bit lately regarding the wiki, but was trying to organize the images from a few of the random artists sites.
If they aren't on the site already, try these 3 sites I have saved.
- http://www.h3.dion.ne.jp/~t.com/ (check under デュエルマスターズ, its Duel Masters)
Yami Michael 12:48, August 29, 2011 (UTC)
how your making the duel masters card? i mean how you remove the text and stuff and your making in high resolution the picture?
Generally its taken from the http://gathe.jp site. http://gathe.jp/cardlist_dmr01.html for example is DMR-01. I take the image, save it, and then in paint use the "crop" and then "resize". Yami Michael 06:23, September 2, 2011 (UTC)
how much you resize it?
and last question how you do it si clean and digital?
Nothing special, just the crop feature. You just dont notice the blue corners as much when its smaller. If you want pictures for your own use though...you should use http://dm.ka-nabell.com/ instead.
That site has the best quality pictures I've seen so far and since I've made my cardtable to automatically resize images for the wiki, I can use them without editing. Have to test though.
For resizing, its usually me changing the "Pixels" section to Horizontal: 310 and keeping on Maintain aspect ratio. The vertical slightly differs at times, but its usually between 430-440.
What do you want these images for, anyhow? Yami Michael 12:34, September 2, 2011 (UTC)
well ijust want to make some pictures of them and i want them for wallpaper on my pc :D btw you know this creature if is on duel masters? http://www.h3.dion.ne.jp/~t.com/514.jpg
- No. Its a Battle Spirits card. http://a367.yahoofs.com/hkblog/Er2CDLGZERqsiirt4VfvGdRZMA--_2/blog/ap_20100915064632110.jpg?ib_____DtFCkazzc Yami Michael 05:20, September 4, 2011 (UTC)
- heyYami i just upload my first pic tell me if you like it or something is missing please.
Nothing missing, that's how it's done. Its just that the clearer cards that are on User:Yami_Michael/Artwork are the images done by the OCG artist before turned into a card. I probably wont keep the image that was uploaded to the wiki however, as I'm only trying to stick to official images. Yami Michael 07:51, September 4, 2011 (UTC)
hmmm thats ok ty were the official images are?
wooohooo look all my pics on work!
Yami, what the heck happened to my photos? they disappeared from the Duel master Gallery.
- The recent photos isn't a "gallery", it just shows the latest pictures on the wiki. As explained above, and multiple times in my talkpage, I don't have every random image on the wiki, only OFFICIAL ones. Yami Michael 06:54, September 5, 2011 (UTC)
Question on Ultimate Evolution MAX issues
Can you evolve an Ultimate Evolution MAX on another Ultimate Evolution MAX? Just wondering, since I'm using three of them in my deck.
Sorry, but I can't seem to find my previous question, the one about putting cards under Soul Phoenix, Avatar of Unity. Has it been answered? And if so, could you kindly direct me to it? I'd really like to know the answer.
IIIIIzz 14:19, September 5, 2011 (UTC)
- Sorry, I think it must of accidentally been deleted while cleaning up while moving around my talk-page archive. I'm not really a rulings guru, so the best place to ask is either http://duelzone.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=9&sid=e1a03c76c031e925f22a0764095eec00 or http://duelmastersglobal.forumprofi.de/view-forum-dm-tcg-jp-rules-regeln-und-amp-card-help-f4.html, and then wait for a message from Ryoma.
For Ultimate Evolution Max, I cant actually agree with myself if it would or not. And I cant seem to find a OCG page regarding it. They would obviously be in the group of Ultimate Evolutions...but it might be really specific that it cant be Max ones. (I do assume you are using Romanoff, as I cant see why you would want to summon the others over themselves. )
Now for Soul Phoenix, even though it has the "Seperate" effect, I would be led to think that it would be placed on the bottom. So even if Soul Phoenix was to die, it would leave the Fire Bird + Earth Dragon as 2 creatures, and anything else under them under either creature. Of course, it is hard when the cards are 23 booster pack sets apart, haha. Yami Michael 14:33, September 5, 2011 (UTC)
HI I just wondering where could i found the artist of the Duel Master cards?
- Read the top post of this page, I gave the links I have. If you want more, read the artist on card pages, then google the name. Yami Michael 00:15, September 10, 2011 (UTC)
Help me further edit Volg Tiger, Thunder Beast.
Hi yami look what i found something to put aside in your artwork gallery
Conclusion about ディス/"Deis"
- Ive said it many times out-loud to myself...I hate translating the aliens with the fancy names. >_<. Yami Michael 03:12, September 25, 2011 (UTC)
Put in bz tapped
You are actually right, they do translate to "card". Just for all the english cards and then later translations (pre-wiki even), they were changed to Creature/Spell for each rainbow card all ready, and I just kind of went with it. Blame the OCG text not being specific enough. :) Yami Michael
Deck archetype pages. We must have them.
Yeah, we seriously need these. The only thing preventing me from doing so is approximately 91% laziness and 9% disinterest. BlitzerRyuusei 17:22, October 9, 2011 (UTC)
Um... Hi again.
I was on the Winning Star, the Patroller page, and I realised that both cards on the gallery were different in terms of their effects and name.
Are these different cards? Or are these cards with different name with different texts saying the same thing?
IIIIIzz 15:05, October 11, 2011 (UTC)
Your right, they are actually different cards, just an upgraded version similar to other startdash/pippi cards lately. I'll have to fix it. Yami Michael 00:23, October 12, 2011 (UTC)
Is HDM, End of the Century really in DMX-05?
It's a Hunter, not an Alien. BlitzerRyuusei 06:30, October 13, 2011 (UTC)
- Changed. I actually had other fixes done for both sets...but I must of lost my tabs or something, hmm. Oh well, can only do the Super Rares anyway. Yami Michael 06:56, October 13, 2011 (UTC)
New Expansion Sets Along With Gimmick: Metal Cards Confirmed
'Explosive Dash' and 'Nation's Ultimate Sport' sets to contain 2 metal cards and 40 non-metal cards.
Yes, I saw http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/3699/grensk.jpg on the blogs earlier, and was confused by the metal card. I guess for the first deck, its the Psychic Super Creatures that are metal. Makes sense, as only Psychics can work for it. Otherwise you have shuffle/sleeve issues. Yami Michael 04:17, October 14, 2011 (UTC)
Hi, I am Waileuk Wu, sometimes usually around as a bystander who corrects random stuff. Blitzer kinda recruited to start on DMX 04,05, and I guess I am going to attempt it. Hm, it seems like I am unable to grab the pictures off of <<http://supersolenoid.blog63.fc2.com/blog-entry-962.html>>, though I guess we can wait till Gathe or Takara Tommy releases the cards. Then also the DMX 04, 05 page is locked to prevent edits, and I can't link my pages to it. Might need some help with that as well. Thanks!
Waileukwu 11:35, October 14, 2011 (UTC)
- I've seen your name around on TCO, so hey. And since I've seen random editors making little fixes here and there...thanks and welcome to the wiki. :)
I can change the lock to registered users, didn't notice I limited it to Admins. Yami Michael 12:37, October 14, 2011 (UTC)
Gotta Say ....
I'm not too fond of people overriding the changes I make at times. I understand that I may make slight mistakes here and there, but it kind of irks me when these 'translators' jump the gun to run the popular Dragon or Angel Commands in the latest set through a Japanese dictionary just to come up with the card name, but then run to me because they want an actual translator to fetch them the card's effect. It's kind of disrespectful, but I don't want to start any problems on this Wiki. Just wanted to vent that a bit. As this goes without saying, the only other translator whose word I put above anyone elses when it comes to DM is Ryoma.☆ Brandnewkid 18:24, October 14, 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah, It's completely understandable. Translations can definitely seem to be a "finnicky" business sometimes, especially when one kanji can mean either Soul or Spirit, lol. Or the recent "Gil/Gill" thing I've been looking at. With so few people here, I obviously dont want to lose anyone that knows what they are doing. Yami Michael 00:00, October 15, 2011 (UTC)
Thanks for fixing all the minor stuff after me...I knew I did a lousy job, and all those minor details, gosh it must be though to start ploughing through the mess I created? Hm...and is Brandnewkid mad at me? I might have tried a bit too hard to provide what I think is the correct names of the creature, didn't I? Oh well. At least we got some creatures down for the two sets. Now all we have to do is wait for the rest :P Waileukwu 18:40, October 14, 2011 (UTC)
- Its ok, fixing things up like that is the whole reason for the wikis anyway. Easily editable and so forth. Being fans and not WOTC, its impossible we will ever get the "right" translations, so dont feel bad about it. Not to mention, before release some card details end up changing a bit, so its easy to make minor mistakes like this and I've had my fair few. Yami Michael 23:53, October 14, 2011 (UTC)
I was just wondering that why are we saying." This card can whatever do this or that".
I think it should be more practical to say. "This creature can whatever this or that".
What do you think?
My point is that they are actually two cards being used here and combined to form one creature not one card.
Saad safa 12:53, October 22, 2011 (UTC) Saad_Safa.
As I had on your page, I couldn't decide on whether to use "card", "creature" or "psychic creature" for that. "creature" should be fine. And just like the commas on the awakened cards, they shouldn't be needed on the lesser sides either. Now just for a quick way to change all the pages at once. :)
It might be frown upon, but is it fine to do a section (and pages) on artists for Duel Master? The art of DM always thrilled me beyond its other components :3 Waileukwu 16:16, October 22, 2011 (UTC)
- Its something that's in the work, I just need/want a lot of other links to the artists homepages rather then just 3/4.
These aren't sorted by artist as I had to clean them up and rename after they were uploaded, but this is what I have.
If you meant a page for each artist or a list of cards each artist has done for it, that's also something I want at some point. Just always a lot of other things to do. Yami Michael 23:45, October 22, 2011 (UTC)
I'd like such a page too. I love the art in DM more than anything else. But, finding information about the artists like that (well, Wikipedia-styled info, if that's what you're going for) would be kinda hard, no? ☆ Brandnewkid 04:16, October 23, 2011 (UTC)
Doing a complete info writeup about each artist would be a bit much, because even If I had the info...it would leave you translating it, lol. So yeah, not going to do that. I was really just thinking of a setup similar to the Promotional Gallery page with either different artist galleries (If an artist has a lot of art) on the same or different pages.
I guess that brings another question too, do we want them for just the artworks or the cards themselves? Or a mix of both? Yami Michael 05:35, October 23, 2011 (UTC)
I personally op for page for both. Like a page on the Artists (major ones anyway), then bellow it are cards he/she drawn, similar to JP DM Wiki that have some sort of page for the major artists. I don't mind to write about the artists themselves, but would have to do some research myself. Waileukwu 06:36, October 23, 2011 (UTC)
- So we are doing it are we? I see the pages added. Waileukwu 13:46, October 23, 2011 (UTC)
Sorry, what pages do you see added? I haven't done anything artist-related today. Yami Michael 13:49, October 23, 2011 (UTC)
- Actually that was a mistake. I saw a page for ittoku and overreacted. Are those the pages are set aside for such purpose? Waileukwu 13:56, October 23, 2011 (UTC)
Add DMD and DMX cards to Promo/DMC Only category?
I'm pretty much asking what the headline says. BlitzerRyuusei 04:03, October 23, 2011 (UTC)
- Just gonna look weird, haha. DMD Only and DMX Only would work for now. Kinda late to split promo or DMC only at this point :/ So to sum up...I dont know what to do. Yami Michael 05:32, October 23, 2011 (UTC)
Card Set Galleries
- Hi erm, what exactly are OCG Card Set Galleries? Gaialzero 09:09, October 23, 2011
A gallery of each of the cards in a set. DM-13 Eternal Phoenix Gallery (OCG) would be a "Card Set Gallery" for each card in DM-13 Eternal Phoenix, for example. Yami Michael 13:13, October 25, 2011 (UTC)
Willing to Translate the Legend Champion Victory Manga.
I see that you have images of the first chapter on the page. I'm willing to provide a script, if you don't mind finishing adding the rest of the chapter pages. It's not that important though; just looking for some fun.☆ Brandnewkid 06:22, October 26, 2011 (UTC)
In regards to Giliams the new card picture i uploaded had JDC printed on it so i thought it would be a promo of giliam. I also checked the original picture of the giliam and it was the same so i put a new picture over there.
For Mighty Shouter it was a Duel masters comics volume 4 promo card. So i added to the comic promo where it was suppose to be missing.
I should have asked before putting these pictures weather they will be fine or not. Sorry.
Last i am planning to make another page it is Duel Masters Newsletter. There are about 17 of these isssued to every D-Max and wizards of the coast subscribers with news on it. I will put it in the duel masters Guide books after all it is just guide on upcoming stuff. Saad safa 01:58, November 3, 2011 (UTC)
I'm actually looking into a few other people with collections for scans, as a lot of the early promos need better pics. Without a visible card number though, I try not to add any card to the page.
For the mighty shouter, thats fine. Its another one of the promos I'm expecting pics of in a few days...it's name was just a little wrong. Yami Michael 02:05, November 3, 2011 (UTC)
So Mighty Shouter was Ok. Hm it means i just got lucky because the site where i got the picture is now under maintenance. I got this picture now for like 2 days but i thaught it was fake then i cofirmed it was suppose to go in the promos. Any way you fixed the name name in the end so its OK. Saad safa 02:26, November 3, 2011 (UTC)Saad_Safa
I am having some new Duel Masters Official logos for the tournaments and promotions which can be used in the Promotional gallery but i think you would know the best places where they can be used. Saad safa 23:04, November 3, 2011 (UTC) Here they are:
- In regards to 5 Civ. it was the last tournament held by duel masters before it was handed over into Japan. So i just put the logo on the last promotional cards although you are right i am not 100% sure but. Duel Masters Player Rewards is what sponsors all the tournaments and the rewards given in each one since the very beginig. Actually it was the first name used by Duel Masters for any reward that they gave. Saad safa 01:32, November 5, 2011 (UTC)
Jp translated names of creatures
Lately got a card box from takaratomy (official), and they have creatures printed all over. Under the creatures (or around), they seem to give an English name, such Jack Raidou, Battle Dragon they named it 'Dragonborn Fighter Jack Raidoh'. Shall we add that as Trivia or just ignore them all together? Other examples include 'Dragon Moon of Universe' for Drag Moon, the Enlightened. Waileukwu 07:50, November 4, 2011 (UTC)
- It has been bought up a few times because of the sleeves and deckboxes for Psychic Suva and Valkyias Musashi. Its great to have 5 names for 1 card, lol.
What was done for Valkyrias Musashi, Ultimate Battle Dragon is what will probably done for those cards with sleeves/boxes. Shrug. Maybe I should poll if they should go in that kanji area, or as a trivia thing. Yami Michael 08:10, November 4, 2011 (UTC)
Hi I'm subhrangshu from india.
How you get info and picture of new upcoming cards like DMD and DMR set?
If I get those link then maybe I can help to add them here in english version. subhrangshu2
Silver Shovel 6/15 or 8/15?
I had never really looked at it zoomed, as it was Gaial that had uploaded it, and its hard to tell. But it does look like the circle at the bottom of the number is bigger then the top half, so I'm leaning towards a 6 now. Yami Michael 08:26, November 6, 2011 (UTC)