| Turn |
Each turn is performed by a player, with actions taken only by them on their turn. That player is referred to as the active player.
When the turn ends, the active player changes and a new turn begins. This process is repeated until a player wins the game.
Steps of a Turn
A turn consists of the following steps.
- 1) Start of Turn Step
- 1.1) Resolve any summoning sickness from creatures in the battle zone.
- 1.2) Your creatures in the battle zone and cards in your mana zone are untapped. This is forced.
- 1.3) Any abilities that trigger at "the start of your turn" are resolved now.
- 2) Draw Step: You draw a card. This is forced. If you have no deck, you lose when you draw the last card.
- 3) Charge Step: You may put a card into your mana zone. This is optional.
- 4) Main Step: You may use cards, such as summoning creatures, casting spells, generating and crossing cross gear or fortifying castles. You can do these actions as many times as you want, in any order, as long as you can pay their costs.
- 5) Attack Step: You can attack with creatures or use Tap Abilities. You may do this in any order as long as you have eligible creatures to attack.
- 5.1) Attack Declaration Step: The active player declares attacking creatures.
- 5.2) Block Declaration Step: The nonactive player specifies a blocking creature.
- 5.3) Battle Step: If a creature was attacked, a battle happens.
- 5.4) Direct Attack Step: The nonactive player is attacked directly.
- 5.5) End of Attack Step: The current attack ends.
- 6) End Step: The turn finishes after you have no more creatures to attack with.
- Turns are always handled in the above order and previous steps can't be returned to. For example, if you draw cards after you attack with a creature, you can't charge in step 5, or cross a cross gear in step 6.
- The player who plays first skips the draw step of their first turn.
- While normally a creature or spell can only be used during your turn, an opponent can block, or use Ninja Strike abilities after an attack. This also allows cards with Shield Trigger or Strike Back.
- Belfegius, Emperor of Death can alter the forced ability of having to untap your creature.
- Although it's confusing, if Untouchable, Temporal Hero is in the battle zone at step 8, it can awaken if other cards satisfy its awaken condition during step 9.
- Before the March 25, 2017 Rules revision, the second and third steps were in opposite positions.
Awaken ● Battle ● Block ● Break ● Cast ● Charge ● Cross
Destroy ● Discard ● Dragsolution ● Expand ● Forbidden Liberate
Fortify ● Gachinko Judge ● Generate ● Gacharange Summon ● Link ● Reveal ● Seal
Search ● Shuffle ● Summon ● Switch ● Tap ● Trigger ● Upside Down ● Use
Ability ● Artist ● Card Illustration ● Card Name ● Card Number
Card Rarity ● Card Type ● Cost ● Civilization ● Mana Cost ● Mana Number
Power ● Race ● Soul ● Subtype ● Summon Cost ● Supertype
D2 Field ● DG Field ● Dragheart Creature ● Dragheart Fortress ● Dragheart Weapon
Evolution Creature ● Evolution Cross Gear ● Evolution Exile Creature ● Exile Creature
Final Forbidden Creature ● Final Forbidden Field ● Forbidden Core ● Forbidden Creature
Forbidden Field ● Forbidden Impulse ● Gacharange Creature ● Happiness Field
Moonless Night Field ● Neo Creature ● Neo Evolution Creature ● Orega Aura
Psychic Creature ● Psychic Evolution Creature ● Psychic Super Creature ● Twinpact
Ceremony of Zeron ● Zeron Creature ● Zeron Nebula
Super Deck Zero Duel ● Start Deck Champion Finals
Adds Civilization ● Adds Race ● Alternate Win ● Alternative Cost
Attack Bend ● Basic Card ● Cantrip ● Card Discard ● Chump Block
Cost Reduction ● Deck Manipulation ● Degenerate ● Diamond State
Draw Engine ● Draw Lock ● Draw Source ● Draw Spell
Extra Turn ● Finisher ● Graveyard Fertilizer ● Graveyard Summon
Hand Addition ● Hand Change ● Increase Power
Infinite ● Infinite Attacker ● Infinite Blocker
Mana Acceleration ● Mana Burn ● Mana Curve ● Mana Summon
Opponent Reliance ● Peeping ● Prevents Attack ● Prevents Defeat
Reset ● Resistance ● Reverse Fury Charge ● Reverse Slayer ● Shield Addition
Shield Burn ● Shield Change ● Shield Peek
Suicide ● Skip the rest of the turn ● Trample
Unattackable ● Unblockable ● Unchoosable
Vigilance ● Win All Battles ● 3D Dragsolution
Blocker Based Removal ● Bounce ● Can Attack Untapped Creatures
Card Based Removal ● Decrease Power ● Fixed Removal ● Force Battle ● Mass Removal
Power Based Removal ● Reset ● Sealing ● Self Removal ● Tap In ● Tap and Destroy
4 or more of this card in your deck ● Activation Cost ● Additional Cost ● Attacking Creature
Can't be destroyed ● Choose a race ● Color Accident ● Concept ● Consists of ● Counter
Dead Card ● Deck Building ● Deck Compression ● Designer's Combo ● Evolution Icon
Evolution Source ● Face Up ● Forced ● Gacha Figure ● Game
Game Table ● Key Card ● Limited Card ● Mode ● Name Rule ● Optional ● Overkill
Play ● Power Creep ● Psychic Cost ● Quasi-Vanilla ● Real Cost ● Repair
Rock-Paper-Scissors ● Stop ● System Creature ● The Over Eggplant-cross
Touch ● Trivia card ● Twinpactification