| Tap In |
タップイン (Tappu In)
It happens in the following ways:
- Mana Zone
- Battle Zone
All multicolored cards have the demerit of "this CARDTYPE is put into your mana zone tapped". Multicolored cards are balanced by this ability due to their advantage of providing multiple civilizations of mana when tapping cards. As a result, decks with huge amounts of multicolored cards will be extremely slow and difficult to operate.
The ability to tap your opponent's cards is very powerful. Even delaying a single mana card in your opponent's mana zone sets them back a turn, and works as a form of pseudo-Mana Burn. Time Tripper and Ryusei Kaiser, the Victorious are famous for this ability to gain Tempo Advantage.
Tap In of creatures is also powerful. By tapping a creature with "Speed Attacker" or "Blocker", you can prevent them from using their abilities until a turn later. Even if you did play a creature, it could be easily destroyed in its tapped state.
Some cards tap themselves as they are put into the battle zone. This can be seen as a demerit in the case of Bind Shadow, Shadow of Bondage or to complement their abilities such as Greatest Earth, Planetary Dragon or Necrodragon Odol Needle.
- Since multicolored cards are put into your mana zone tapped, it is good to charge them during the first turn, where you are often playing no other cards. It also works well if you can choose what cards to put into your mana zone with Mana Acceleration if you choose not to use the cards in the same turn. Also, as there is no difference to the tap in disadvantage of a 3 civilization card compared to a 2 civilization card, a 3 civilization card can be preferred in early turns to unlock them early.
- If Bolbalzak "Sword Flash" Dragon is put into the battle zone when being tapped by a creature such as Elupheus, Lord of Spirits in the battle zone, will remain tapped. This is because it enters the battle zone tapped, and isn't being tapped after it's in the battle zone.
- A multicolored card entering your mana zone tapped is not a rule attached to multicolored cards, but each of the multicolored cards feature the demerit. Therefore, as it's only attached to the card itself and not on any multicolored card that is played, cards that have civilizations added to them are not put into the mana zone tapped. None of them are printed without the tap in text, so if they don't have the ability listed, they have received Errata.
- Many of the Ryusei name category Tap In abilities, such as Ryusei Kaiser, the Eternal, Ryusei Kaiser, the Victorious, and Ryusei, Ex Revolver.
- GENJI Double Cross, Temporal Swordsman as well as Silent Skill can reverse the demerit of this ability.
- With Amurex, Rainbowkind and Yukigon, Mystical Beast Fairy, multicolored cards are able to be put into your mana zone untapped.
- When you link to an untapped god, priority is given to the state of the God already in the battle zone. Therefore, as it wasn't tapped, after linking, it remains untapped. However, if you link a tapped God and an Untapped god, the creature will be tapped.
- The Dragsolution ability that flips a Dragheart Weapon or Dragheart Fortress into a Dragheart Creature isn't considered as "put into the battle zone" so can avoid those form of Tap In abilities.
- Since Attack Bend cards require themselves to be tapped in order to trigger, tap in actually benefits those cards. Additionally, some large creatures with tap in can used their tapped status to wall attacks using other Attack Benders, such as Ka Doubler, Red Attack Silver and Sky Chain, Red Wrath.
Awaken ● Battle ● Block ● Break ● Cast ● Charge ● Cross
Destroy ● Discard ● Dragsolution ● Expand ● Forbidden Liberate
Fortify ● Gachinko Judge ● Generate ● Gacharange Summon ● Link ● Reveal ● Seal
Search ● Shuffle ● Summon ● Switch ● Tap ● Trigger ● Upside Down ● Use
Ability ● Artist ● Card Illustration ● Card Name ● Card Number
Card Rarity ● Card Type ● Cost ● Civilization ● Mana Cost ● Mana Number
Power ● Race ● Soul ● Subtype ● Summon Cost ● Supertype
D2 Field ● DG Field ● Dragheart Creature ● Dragheart Fortress ● Dragheart Weapon
Evolution Creature ● Evolution Cross Gear ● Evolution Exile Creature ● Exile Creature
Final Forbidden Creature ● Final Forbidden Field ● Forbidden Core ● Forbidden Creature
Forbidden Field ● Forbidden Impulse ● Gacharange Creature ● Happiness Field
Moonless Night Field ● Neo Creature ● Neo Evolution Creature ● Orega Aura
Psychic Creature ● Psychic Evolution Creature ● Psychic Super Creature ● Twinpact
Ceremony of Zeron ● Zeron Creature ● Zeron Nebula
Super Deck Zero Duel ● Start Deck Champion Finals
Adds Civilization ● Adds Race ● Alternate Win ● Alternative Cost
Attack Bend ● Basic Card ● Cantrip ● Card Discard ● Chump Block
Cost Reduction ● Deck Manipulation ● Degenerate ● Diamond State
Draw Engine ● Draw Lock ● Draw Source ● Draw Spell
Extra Turn ● Finisher ● Graveyard Fertilizer ● Graveyard Summon
Hand Addition ● Hand Change ● Increase Power
Infinite ● Infinite Attacker ● Infinite Blocker
Mana Acceleration ● Mana Burn ● Mana Curve ● Mana Summon
Opponent Reliance ● Peeping ● Prevents Attack ● Prevents Defeat
Reset ● Resistance ● Reverse Fury Charge ● Reverse Slayer ● Shield Addition
Shield Burn ● Shield Change ● Shield Peek
Suicide ● Skip the rest of the turn ● Trample
Unattackable ● Unblockable ● Unchoosable
Vigilance ● Win All Battles ● 3D Dragsolution
Cards that can be put into the Battle Zone at the start of the game
Blocker Based Removal ● Bounce ● Can Attack Untapped Creatures
Card Based Removal ● Decrease Power ● Fixed Removal ● Force Battle ● Mass Removal
Power Based Removal ● Reset ● Sealing ● Self Removal ● Tap In ● Tap and Destroy
4 or more of this card in your deck ● Activation Cost ● Additional Cost ● Attacking Creature
Can't be destroyed ● Choose a race ● Color Accident ● Concept ● Consists of ● Counter
Dead Card ● Deck Building ● Deck Compression ● Designer's Combo ● Evolution Icon
Evolution Source ● Face Up ● Forced ● Gacha Figure ● Game
Game Table ● Key Card ● Limited Card ● Mode ● Name Rule ● Optional ● Overkill
Play ● Power Creep ● Psychic Cost ● Quasi-Vanilla ● Real Cost ● Repair
Rock-Paper-Scissors ● Stop ● System Creature ● The Over Eggplant-cross
Touch ● Trivia card ● Twinpactification