| Sympathy |
DM-13 Eternal Phoenix
This ability features on both creatures and spells. It allows a creature to be summoned or a spell to be cast for 1 less mana for each of your creatures of any specified race currently in the battle zone. The cost of cards decreased in this way can't be less than either 1 (or 2 for a multicolored card).
The latest reminder text for Sympathy reads;
|Sympathy: "RACE" (This creature/spell costs 1 less to summon/cast for each of your "RACE" creatures in the battle zone. It can't cost less than X.)|
|Dolgeza, Veteran of Hard Battle|
|Water + Nature / Creature / Earth Eater + Giant / 8 / 9000|
| ■ (This creature is put into your mana zone tapped.)
■ Sympathy: Earth Eater and Giant (This creature costs 1 less to summon for each of your Earth Eater and Giant creatures in the battle zone. It can't cost less than 2.)
■ When you put this creature into the battle zone, you may draw a card for each of your Earth Eaters in the battle zone. Then you may draw a card for each of your Giants in the battle zone.
■ Double breaker
Cards with the Sympathy ability
- Arc Link Spark
- Imamugu, Senior Judgment Officer
- Jayra, Judgment Bond / Flame Jail
- Kariyadone, Magic Library / Hermit Circle
- Maruhavaan, Red Attack Silver
- Nanoclone, Artificial Chemical Weapon
- Ov Sidia Calibur
- Pangiorno, Judgment Bond
- Papulgan, Judgment Bond
- Rokka, Judgment Bond's Stop
- Shempazare, Holy Judgment Officer
- Southern Renaissance, Resonance Dragon Elemental
- Akashic First, Electro-Dragon
- Asylum, the Dragon Paladin
- Auzesu, the Demonic Holy Spirit
- Dolgeza, Veteran of Hard Battle
- Galamuta, Matchless Fear Lord
- Gaulzaganta, Spirit of the Woodland Ridges
- Shinpas, Calming Judgment Bond / Justice Shaper
- Stagem, Strange Stone / Mach Knuckle
- Zardia, Spirit of Bloody Winds
(NOTE: These rulings were written before DM-14's release, which did not featured monocolored creatures with the Sympathy ability. Multicolored reatures with 2 civilizations can't have their cost reduced less than 2, whereas monocolored creatures can have their cost reduced to 1.)
- Q: How do I use Sympathy?
- A: Sympathy is an ability that lowers the cost of summoning the creature. Sympathy specifies two different races, and if you have any creatures of the specified race in the battle zone, you pay 1 less mana for each of these creatures in the battle zone in order to summon the creature. However many creatures of the specified race you have in the battle zone, you can't decrease the creature's summon cost to less than 2.
- Q: If I have 1 creature that is of both races specified by Sympathy, does the cost go down by 2?
- A: No, the cost goes down by 1 for each creature, so it doesn't go down by 2. It goes down by 1.
- Q: I have one creature in my battle zone. It has both races specified by Sympathy on a spell card. Does the Sympathy spell's cost go down by 2?
- A: No, it only decreases by 1 mana for each 1 creature. It is the same as when trying to summon a creature like this. (see the previous question)
- Q: If I have other means of reducing the cost of using spells, like Essence Elf, can I use Sympathy at the same time?
- A: Yes, you can. However, no matter how many different ways you are using to reduce the spell's cost, you cannot play a spell for less than 1 cost.
Accelerator ● Annihilating Soul Recall ● Attack Chance ● Awaken ● Bad Action Dynamite ● Bad Action Dynamite Spell ● Bio Kick ● Bio Tackle ● Break Bonus ● Burning Doron Go ● Chain ● Chain Cascade ● Charger ● Climax Doron Go ● Cyclone ● Denjara Switch ● Doron Go ● Double Evolution Burst ● Double Freeze ● Double Shield Plus ● Double Sympathy ● Dragon Evade ● Dragon Mana Arms ● Dragsolution ● Dynamo ● Escape ● Eternal Omega ● Evo Charger
Final Final Revolution ● Final Revolution ● Forbidden Big Bang ● Forbidden Liberate ● Forbidden Mechanism ● Fort Energy ● Free Cross ● Freeze ● Fury Charge ● Gachinko Judge ● Gate of Moonless Night ● Gate of Moonless Night Zetsu ● Genius Sympathy ● Goal Life Gate ● God Slayer ● Gogogo Gangan Galaxy ● Graveyard Kourin ● Gravity Zero ● Guardman ● Happiness Switch ● Hatenkokonotsugatari ● Holy Field ● Hunting ● Hell's Soul Recall ● Infinity Power Attacker ● Infinity Soulshift ● Invasion ● Jokers Over Explode ● Jokers Change ● Joragon Big 1 ● Kizuna ● Kizuna Comp ● Kizuna Plus ● Knight Magic ● Knightly Generation ● Kourin
Labyrinth ● Last Burst ● Launcher Energy ● Life Gate ● Link Release ● Loop Awaken ● Lost Prism ● Mach Fighter ● Mana Arms ● Mana Kourin ● Mana Reburst ● Marshall Touch ● Master Bad Action Dynamite ● Master Blaster ● Master Double Merabeat ● Master Gogogo Gangan Galaxy ● Master Labyrinth ● Master Merabeat ● Mega Meteorburn 6 ● Metamorph ● Meteorburn Awaken ● Meteorburn ● Multicolored Mana Arms ● Ninja Strike ● No Choice ● Overdrive ● Platinum Drive ● Psychic Link ● Rebirth Chain ● Recycle ● Release ● Revenge Chance ● Revolution 0 Trigger ● Revolution Change ● Revolution
S-Rank Invasion ● Sabaki Z ● Samurai Generation ● Samurai Magic ● Shield Force ● Shield Go ● Shield Plus ● Shield Saver ● Shield Trigger Cross ● Silent Skill ● Solemn Duty ● Soul Recall ● Soulshift ● Space Charge ● Stealth ● Strike Back ● Super Accelerator ● Super Dragsolution ● Super Shield Plus ● Super Shield Trigger ● Super Strike Back ● Survivor ● Sympathy ● Tap Ability ● Thrilling Three ● Trio Doron Go ● Triple Sympathy ● True Escape ● Turbo Rush ● Ultra Doron Go ● Ultra Saver ● Ultra Shield Plus ● Victory Psychic Link ● Wave Striker ● ZERO
Deck evolution ● Mad Deck evolution
Graveyard evolution ● Graveyard Vortex evolution
Graveyard Galaxy Vortex evolution ● Galaxy Vortex evolution Omega
Hand evolution ● Hand Vortex evolution
Mana evolution ● Mana Vortex evolution ● Mana Galaxy Vortex evolution
Super Infinite evolution ● Super Infinite Graveyard evolution ● Super Infinite evolution Omega
Ultimate evolution ● Ultimate evolution MAX
Vortex evolution ● Galaxy Vortex evolution