|Strike Back |
DM-17 The Over-Technocross
This ability features on both creatures and spells. Whenever one of your shields are put into your hand and a card with Strike Back that has the fulfilled conditions of the shield is there, you may discard that shield. If you do, you may summon that creature or cast that spell for no cost. As it isn't Shield Trigger, it isn't stopped by cards such as Cursed Totem, and cards that return your shields to your hand but don't allow shield triggers to be used such as Emeral.
A major feature of this ability appears in the DMR-16真 Super Battle Guynext x Shin set, which is 9 years after the introduction of the ability.
It has a variant, Super Strike Back.
The latest reminder text for Strike Back reads;
|Strike Back—CIVILIZATION (When a "CIVILIZATION" card is put into your hand from your shield zone, you may discard that card. If you do, summon this creature/cast this spell for no cost.)|
|Nature / Creature |
■ When you put this creature into the battle zone, you may put a card from your graveyard into your mana zone.
Cards with the Strike Back ability
- Q: How many Strike Backs can you use at a time?
- A: For each shield returned to your hand you may use Strike Back once.
- Q: Do you need cost to use Strike Back?
- A: No, it says "For No Cost".
- Q: If you get a shield with Shield Trigger and you have a Strike Back in your hand, how do you use them?
- A: You choose either one to trigger. You can't choose to use both.
- Q: Does the effect of Emeral, which prevents you from using Shield Triggers, allow you to use Strike Back?
- A: Yes, as it isn't shield trigger.
Deck evolution ● Mad Deck evolution
Graveyard evolution ● Graveyard Vortex evolution
Graveyard Galaxy Vortex evolution ● Galaxy Vortex evolution Omega
Hand evolution ● Hand Vortex evolution
Mana evolution ● Mana Vortex evolution
Mana Galaxy Vortex evolution ● Neo Evolution
Super Infinite evolution ● Super Infinite Graveyard evolution ● Super Infinite evolution Omega
Ultimate evolution ● Ultimate evolution MAX
Vortex evolution ● Galaxy Vortex evolution