| Start of Turn Step |
(Tān Kaishi Suteppu)
This will allow you to re-use mana cards and attack with creatures again.
- If a creature with a Silent Skill ability exists in the battle zone in a tapped state at the start of your turn, they may keep themselves tapped by their ability at the start of the turn.
- If Belfegius, Emperor of Death is in the battle zone, it is optional to untap creatures. If a player decides to untap his creatures save for Belfegius itself, it will be destroyed instantly by Belfegius.
- If Warped Lunatron is in the battle zone, creature's wont untap in this step.
- Once they are affected by Freeze, they won't untap in the next start of turn step.
- After the March 20, 2017 Rules revision, the order of steps was changed. The "start of turn" triggers are now performed after the cards in the battle zone and your mana zone are untapped.
- Cards such as Evil Incarnate that trigger at the "start of the turn" trigger after this step. However a card such as Luna Revolver Wheel "when you untap at the start of your turn" refers to this phase.
- At the start of your turn, if a card such as Awakening Giant or Quattro Fang, Soul Gang Leader puts a card into your mana zone tapped, it will be stay tapped, as the "start of turn" abilities now trigger after the start of turn step.
- If you remove the seal with a tapped creature with the Denjara Switch ability of Dokindam Area, Forbidden of D, you cannot untap them in the start of turn step due to the new rulings.
- As Memento Guardian Shrine, Prison Court of D's Denjara Switch activates after the draw step, opponent's creatures will stay tapped after it is sent out.
- When sending a creature that taps the opponent's creatures via Shouten, Stellar Guidance's last effect, the creatures will stay tapped since they untap before Shouten sends out the creature.
- Cards such as Vacuum Crawler or Intense World! Shachihoko Kaiser resolve their abilities directly after this step.
- This step is followed by the Draw Step.
- The process of untapping a card is a forced rule.
- Creatures that weren't in the battle zone at the start of the start of turn step won't be untapped during your turn. For example, if you put a Miss Mei, Forest of Sleeping into the battle zone during your Main Step, you will be unable to untap it until your next turn.