| Sprout |
| Water / Creature / 3 |
Liquid People / 1000
■ When this creature would be destroyed, return it to your hand instead.
| Light / Creature / 4 |
Light Bringer / 2500
■ When this creature would be destroyed, put it into your hand instead.
| Darkness / Creature / 4 |
Chimera / 3000
■ When this creature would be put into your graveyard from the battle zone, you may return it to your hand instead. If you do, discard a card from your hand.
It was first represented by Aqua Soldier.
Even if they attacked and destroyed, you can continually return to your hand instead of being destroyed.
- Sprout is a kind of Substitution Effect.
- When the creature is destroyed by Ganveet Blaster, it is returned to the hand after the ability of spell resolves. Therefore, it can be discarded by the second ability.
- If it would be destroyed by a substitution effect such as Skull Moon, the Enlightened or Rumble Lecter, Terror Awakened, it can't be used as you can't apply 2 substitution effects to the same event.
- When the effect is used, no creature is considered to be destroyed, so the ability of Super Trash Train, Fuuma Devil won't trigger, as well as any other Put Into Graveyard abilities. These cards require them to actually go into the graveyard.
- If you destroy a creature that has a sprout ability by a card such as Zabi Mira, the Reviving Shaman or Dark Soul Creation, the cards are returned to your hand and not considered to be destroyed. However, their abilities trigger as it was used as a cost, even though the event was replaced by a substitution effect.
- Crystal Jouster and Trigram, Zero-order Dragon Formula are evolution creatures with the spout ability. When they would be destroyed, the Evolution Source is also returned to your hand.
When an evolution evolution is destroyed, the remainder of the stack of cards is also put into the graveyard. Therefore, when a removal card such as Pouch Shell or Hero Mystery, Burning Galaxy only removes the top card of an evolution creatures, the sprout ability doesn't trigger. The evolution source remains in the battle zone and the evolution creatures are put into the graveyard.
- This ability can be added by Spiral Aura or Ophanis, Spirit of the Unified Five.
- It was developed into a keyword of Eternal Omega that also covered any other methods a creature would be removed, not just being destroyed. This was only seen on heavyweight colorless cards such as Zenith and Rave Diabolos, Holy Damned Festival.
- The term comes from the flavor text of Aqua Soldier attributed to Brawler Zyler (もやし野郎のくせに、根性だけはたいしたもんだ) "What a spirit for such a skinny little thing.". It uses "Sprout" to represent a creature of "thing and poor physique" but notes that it has a strong spirit.
Effects and Abilities
- Oneshot Effect
- Continuous Effect
- Static Ability
- Trigger Ability
- Activated Ability
- Spell Ability
Awaken ● Battle ● Block ● Break ● Cast ● Charge ● Cross
Destroy ● Discard ● Dragsolution ● Expand ● Forbidden Liberate
Fortify ● Gachinko Judge ● Generate ● Gacharange Summon ● Link ● Reveal ● Seal
Search ● Shuffle ● Summon ● Switch ● Tap ● Trigger ● Upside Down ● Use
Ability ● Artist ● Card Illustration ● Card Name ● Card Number
Card Rarity ● Card Type ● Cost ● Civilization ● Mana Cost ● Mana Number
Power ● Race ● Soul ● Subtype ● Summon Cost ● Supertype
D2 Field ● DG Field ● Dragheart Creature ● Dragheart Fortress ● Dragheart Weapon
Evolution Creature ● Evolution Cross Gear ● Evolution Exile Creature ● Exile Creature
Final Forbidden Creature ● Final Forbidden Field ● Forbidden Core ● Forbidden Creature
Forbidden Field ● Forbidden Impulse ● Gacharange Creature ● Happiness Field
Moonless Night Field ● Neo Creature ● Neo Evolution Creature ● Orega Aura
Psychic Creature ● Psychic Evolution Creature ● Psychic Super Creature ● Twinpact
Ceremony of Zeron ● Zeron Creature ● Zeron Nebula
Super Deck Zero Duel ● Start Deck Champion Finals
Adds Civilization ● Adds Race ● Alternate Win ● Alternative Cost
Attack Bend ● Basic Card ● Cantrip ● Card Discard ● Chump Block
Cost Reduction ● Deck Manipulation ● Degenerate ● Diamond State
Draw Engine ● Draw Lock ● Draw Source ● Draw Spell
Extra Turn ● Finisher ● Graveyard Fertilizer ● Graveyard Summon
Hand Addition ● Hand Change ● Increase Power
Infinite ● Infinite Attacker ● Infinite Blocker
Mana Acceleration ● Mana Burn ● Mana Curve ● Mana Summon
Opponent Reliance ● Peeping ● Prevents Attack ● Prevents Defeat
Reset ● Resistance ● Reverse Fury Charge ● Reverse Slayer ● Shield Addition
Shield Burn ● Shield Change ● Shield Peek
Suicide ● Skip the rest of the turn ● Trample
Unattackable ● Unblockable ● Unchoosable
Vigilance ● Win All Battles ● 3D Dragsolution
Cards that can be put into the Battle Zone at the start of the game
Blocker Based Removal ● Bounce ● Can Attack Untapped Creatures
Card Based Removal ● Decrease Power ● Fixed Removal ● Force Battle ● Mass Removal
Power Based Removal ● Reset ● Sealing ● Self Removal ● Tap In ● Tap and Destroy
4 or more of this card in your deck ● Activation Cost ● Additional Cost ● Attacking Creature
Can't be destroyed ● Choose a race ● Color Accident ● Concept ● Consists of ● Counter
Dead Card ● Deck Building ● Deck Compression ● Designer's Combo ● Evolution Icon
Evolution Source ● Face Up ● Forced ● Gacha Figure ● Game
Game Table ● Key Card ● Limited Card ● Mode ● Name Rule ● Optional ● Overkill
Play ● Power Creep ● Psychic Cost ● Quasi-Vanilla ● Real Cost ● Repair
Rock-Paper-Scissors ● Stop ● System Creature ● The Over Eggplant-cross
Touch ● Trivia card ● Twinpactification