|Silent Skill |
サイレントスキル (Sairento Sukiru)
DM-10 Eternal Arms
DM-10 Shockwaves of the Shattered Rainbow
It enables a creature to remain tapped at the start of your turn in order to trigger an ability. This is generally less versatile than a Come Into Play, Put Into Graveyard, Attack Trigger or Tap Ability as the player needs to wait 4 turns to trigger the creature's ability, 1 for the summoning sickness, one of the opponent's turns, one for the creature to attack and another one of the opponent's turns. Despite support such as Mystic Magician and Burnwisp Lizard can half the time required to trigger a Silent Skill, they do not change the fact that there is an delay to using one so they haven't seen much use. As a result, they are pretty much not used aside of decks that are built after it. Belfegius, Emperor of Death can keep your creatures tapped and enable them to use their ability without attacking multiple times, however.
The latest reminder text for Silent Skill reads;
|Silent skill (At the start of each of your turns, if this creature is tapped, you may keep it tapped and use its ability.)|
After the March 20, 2017 rulings, it should look like this:
|Silent skill (After your other creatures untap, if this creature is tapped, you may keep it tapped instead and use its ability.)|
|Nature / Creature |
Cards with the Silent Skill ability
Cards that support the Silent Skill ability
- Q: How does the new "silent skill" ability work?
- A: At the start of your turn, you normally untap all your creatures in the battle zone. If you have a tapped creature in the battle zone that has "silent skill," you can leave it tapped instead of untapping it. If you do, you use its ** ability after untapping the rest of your creatures in the battle zone and the cards in your mana zone.
- Q: Can I leave more than one creature with "silent skill" tapped at the start of my turn?
- Q: At the start of my turn, I have an untapped creature that has "silent skill." Can I tap it to use its ability?
- A: No. For you to use its ability, it must already be tapped when your turn starts.
Deck evolution ● Mad Deck evolution
Graveyard evolution ● Graveyard Vortex evolution
Graveyard Galaxy Vortex evolution ● Galaxy Vortex evolution Omega
Hand evolution ● Hand Vortex evolution
Mana evolution ● Mana Vortex evolution
Mana Galaxy Vortex evolution ● Neo Evolution
Super Infinite evolution ● Super Infinite Graveyard evolution ● Super Infinite evolution Omega
Ultimate evolution ● Ultimate evolution MAX
Vortex evolution ● Galaxy Vortex evolution