| Shield Force |
シールド・フォース (Shīrudo Fōsu)
DM-28 Battle Galaxy
It allows a shield to be chosen at the moment a creature is put into the battle zone, while the ability is a passive Static Ability. As a result, it isn't a Come Into Play ability (and thus, isn't affected by Wald Brachio, Absolute World King).
Once a shield is chosen, the creature gets an ability which is active until the creature leaves the battle zone, or the chosen shield leaves the shield zone. Once the chosen shield leaves your shields, the player can't choose another shield unless the creature is put into the battle zone again.
The latest reminder text for Shield Force reads;
| Shield Force (When you put this creature into the battle zone, you may choose one of your shields. While the chosen shield remains in the shield zone, this creature gets the following abilities.) |
| Light / Creature |
■ Double breaker (This creature breaks 2 shields.)
Cards with the Shield Force ability
Cards that support the Shield Force ability
- Q: I have a creature that has Shield Force. How do I play them?
- A: First, you put the creature with Shield Force into the battle zone, then you may choose one of your shields. As long as that shield is in the shield zone, those creatures gain those abilities. Once the shields leave the shield zone, they lose that ability.
- Q: When I put a creature with Shield Force into the battle zone, do I have to play it from my hand to trigger its ability?
- A: No. Apart from summoning from your hand, other effects that put it into the battle zone from the graveyard or mana zone still counts as "When you put this creature into the battle zone", and so you can trigger its effect.
- Q: After it is put into the battle zone, and until I choose a shield, will the creature exist on the battle zone without abilities?
- A: No. The action of choosing the shield is simultaneous with putting the creature into the battle zone. Thus, the moment the creature is put into the battle zone, its effect activates.
- Q: If I play another card with Shield Force, can I choose a shield that has already been chosen?
- A: Yes. As long as the shield is in the shield zone, those creatures' abilities will trigger.
- Q: When I put a creature with Shield Force into the battle zone, if I don't have any shields, what will happen?
- A: Since you can't choose any shields, they won't get those abilities.
- Q: I have put a creature with Shield Force into the battle zone and have chosen a shield. I then use Shield Plus and put another on that shield. Is it seen as the same shield?
- A: Yes. Even if the number of cards increase, since it hasn't left the shield zone, it is seen as the same shield and continues to provide the creatures their abilities.
- Q: I have put a creature with Shield Force into the battle zone and have chosen the furthest shield to my left. Then, that shield is broken and the ability is stopped. Then I use a card's effect to put a shield on the same position as that broken shield. Will the ability be revived?
- A: No. Shields that are added with card effects are not the same as broken shields.
Accelerator ● Annihilating Soul Recall ● Attack Chance ● Awaken ● Bad Action Dynamite ● Bad Action Dynamite Spell ● Bio Kick ● Bio Tackle ● Break Bonus ● Burning Doron Go ● Chain ● Chain Cascade ● Charger ● Climax Doron Go ● Cyclone ● Denjara Switch ● Doron Go ● Double Evolution Burst ● Double Freeze ● Double Shield Plus ● Double Sympathy ● Dragon Evade ● Dragon Mana Arms ● Dragsolution ● Dynamo ● Escape ● Eternal Omega ● Evo Charger
Final Final Revolution ● Final Revolution ● Forbidden Big Bang ● Forbidden Liberate ● Forbidden Mechanism ● Fort Energy ● Free Cross ● Freeze ● Fury Charge ● Gachinko Judge ● Gate of Moonless Night ● Gate of Moonless Night Zetsu ● Genius Sympathy ● Goal Life Gate ● God Slayer ● Gogogo Gangan Galaxy ● Graveyard Kourin ● Gravity Zero ● Guardman ● Happiness Switch ● Hatenkokonotsugatari ● Holy Field ● Hunting ● Hell's Soul Recall ● Infinity Power Attacker ● Infinity Soulshift ● Invasion ● Jokers Over Explode ● Jokers Change ● Joragon Big 1 ● Kizuna ● Kizuna Comp ● Kizuna Plus ● Knight Magic ● Knightly Generation ● Kourin
Labyrinth ● Last Burst ● Launcher Energy ● Life Gate ● Link Release ● Loop Awaken ● Lost Prism ● Mach Fighter ● Mana Arms ● Mana Kourin ● Mana Reburst ● Marshall Touch ● Master Bad Action Dynamite ● Master Blaster ● Master Double Merabeat ● Master Gogogo Gangan Galaxy ● Master Labyrinth ● Master Merabeat ● Mega Meteorburn 6 ● Metamorph ● Meteorburn Awaken ● Meteorburn ● Multicolored Mana Arms ● Ninja Strike ● No Choice ● Overdrive ● Platinum Drive ● Psychic Link ● Rebirth Chain ● Recycle ● Release ● Revenge Chance ● Revolution 0 Trigger ● Revolution Change ● Revolution
S-Rank Invasion ● Sabaki Z ● Samurai Generation ● Samurai Magic ● Shield Force ● Shield Go ● Shield Plus ● Shield Saver ● Shield Trigger Cross ● Silent Skill ● Solemn Duty ● Soul Recall ● Soulshift ● Space Charge ● Stealth ● Strike Back ● Super Accelerator ● Super Dragsolution ● Super Shield Plus ● Super Shield Trigger ● Super Strike Back ● Survivor ● Sympathy ● Tap Ability ● Thrilling Three ● Trio Doron Go ● Triple Sympathy ● True Escape ● Turbo Rush ● Ultra Doron Go ● Ultra Saver ● Ultra Shield Plus ● Victory Psychic Link ● Wave Striker ● ZERO
Deck evolution ● Mad Deck evolution
Graveyard evolution ● Graveyard Vortex evolution
Graveyard Galaxy Vortex evolution ● Galaxy Vortex evolution Omega
Hand evolution ● Hand Vortex evolution
Mana evolution ● Mana Vortex evolution
Mana Galaxy Vortex evolution ● Neo Evolution
Super Infinite evolution ● Super Infinite Graveyard evolution ● Super Infinite evolution Omega
Ultimate evolution ● Ultimate evolution MAX
Vortex evolution ● Galaxy Vortex evolution