| Shield Change |
シールド交換 (Shīrudo kōkan)
It is mainly used to add cards with Shield Trigger for defensive or combo purposes.
Normally you can't use the Shield Trigger ability of cards added to your hand from your shields in this way, but here are exceptions such as Marshall Queen.
|Water / Creature / Cyber Lord / 2 / 1000|
|■ When you put this creature into the battle zone, you may add a card from your hand to your shields face down. If you do, choose one of your shields and put it into your hand. You can't use the "shield trigger" ability of that shield.|
|Light + Water / Spell / 2|
| ■ (This spell is put into your mana zone tapped.)
■ Look at one of your shields. You may add it your hand. If you do, add the top card of your deck to your shields face down. (You can't use "shield trigger" ability of that shield.) If you don't add the card to your hand, draw a card.
- When changing a shield that consists of multiple cards due to Shield Plus, the shield becomes a single card, and the number of cards in your hand increases.
- When you add cards to your hand with the Shield Recovery aspect, you can use Strike Back abilities. This can be used regardless of the "Shield Trigger can (or can't) be used" text.
- Some cards that Shield Burn such as Hyperspatial Grip White Black Hole or Eyes Canopus can swap shields from zones other than the hand, using the top of the deck instead.
- These abilities are often used in decks with multiple "shield trigger" cards known as "Trigger". These decks tend to intentionally trigger their own cards that have the ability in their shields.
List of commonly used Shield Change cards
- Emeral (Hall of Fame)
- Aqua Super Emeral
- Marshall Queen
- Marshall Crawler
- Happy-go-lucky Strike
- Emeralda, Pitch Dragon Elemental