Some processes of the game are determined by the base game rules, while others are only seen to due to specific card effects.
For an example of misled rules, see "Misunderstanding of Common Rules".
- You win the game if one of your creatures attacks your opponent who controls no shields and the attack wasn't prevented. This is known as a Direct Attack.
- A player with 0 cards left in his deck will be decked out and will lose the game instantly.
- Cards in your deck or shields (zones that aren't public information) can't be rearranged or looked out (outside of card abilities such as Peeping).
- You can however check cards in a public zone (such as either players graveyard or hyperspatial zone) at any time.
- If multiple abilities would trigger at the same time, resolve them in the order they are active from the active player first. Then resolve the non-active players abilities.
- While a card with a Static Ability is in the battle zone or shield zone, the Continuous Effect of a static ability applies before the resolution of a Trigger Ability.
Spells are resolved in the order they are written. Creatures that have multiple trigger abilities that would trigger at the same time (such as Come Into Play or Attack Trigger) can be resolved in any order.
You can use a card even if part of the effect will be arbitrary. For example, you may still cast Terror Pit when there are no creatures in the battle zone.
As Substitution Effects can't chain, only one can be applied to the same event. For example, when Rumble Lecter, Terror Awakened and Perfect Madonna, Light Weapon battle, Perfect Madonna will be destroyed due to the ability of Rumble Lecter and the "double substitution" rule.
Examples of Rules based processing
- You are forced to untap all your cards in the battle zone and your mana zone at the start of your turn during your uptap step. If you carelessly missed it, you should rewind to this step.
- You are forced to draw a card during your draw step. If you carelessly missed it, you should rewind to this step.
- Creatures put into the battle zone will have "summoning sickness". This isn't true for evolution creatures, Linked Gods, and awakened Psychic Creatures.
- Creatures that lose a battle are destroyed.
- Creatures break shields when they attack a player and aren't blocked.
- Creatures that have 0 power or less are destroyed.
- Psychic Creatures and Draghearts that are removed from the battle zone are returned to the players hyperspatial zone.
- Whenever you put a creature with a Command race into the battle zone, put a seal that has the same civilization as that Command into your graveyard.
- An evolution creature that lost the top card of the stack are reconstructed. (Degenerate)
- Cells, Weapons, Seals and any cards underneath creatures that are no longer appropriate to a card existing to a creature in the battle zone are put back into the hyperspatial zone or graveyard.
- When a D2 Field is put into the battle zone, another D2 Field is put into the graveyard.
Examples of non-Rules based processing
- Multicolored cards are put into the mana zone tapped.
- You can't put an exile creature that has "NAME" in its name into the battle zone.
- If this card is anywhere other than the battle zone, destroy all creatures, then you lose the game. (seen on the Forbidden name category of creatures)
Awaken ● Battle ● Block ● Break ● Cast ● Charge ● Cross
Destroy ● Discard ● Dragsolution ● Expand ● Forbidden Liberate
Fortify ● Gachinko Judge ● Generate ● Gacharange Summon ● Link ● Reveal ● Seal
Search ● Shuffle ● Summon ● Switch ● Tap ● Trigger ● Upside Down ● Use
Ability ● Artist ● Card Illustration ● Card Name ● Card Number
Card Rarity ● Card Type ● Cost ● Civilization ● Mana Cost ● Mana Number
Power ● Race ● Soul ● Subtype ● Summon Cost ● Supertype
D2 Field ● DG Field ● DM Field
Dragheart Creature ● Dragheart Fortress ● Dragheart Weapon
Evolution Creature ● Evolution Cross Gear
Evolution Dragheart Creature ● Evolution Exile Creature ● Evolution Psychic Creature
Exile Creature ● Final Forbidden Creature ● Final Forbidden Field ● Forbidden Core ● Forbidden Creature
Forbidden Field ● Forbidden Impulse ● Gacharange Creature ● Happiness Field ● Moonless Night Field
Mono Artifact ● Neo Creature ● Neo Evolution Creature ● Neo Gacharange Creature ● Orega Aura
Psychic Creature ● Psychic Field ● Psychic Super Creature
T2 Field ● Ceremony of Zeron ● Zeron Creature ● Zeron Nebula
Super Deck Zero Duel ● Start Deck Champion Finals
Adds Civilization ● Adds Race ● Alternate Win ● Alternative Cost
Attack Bend ● Basic Card ● Cantrip ● Card Discard ● Chump Block
Cost Reduction ● Deck Manipulation ● Degenerate ● Diamond State
Draw Engine ● Draw Lock ● Draw Source ● Draw Spell
Extra Turn ● Finisher ● Graveyard Fertilizer ● Graveyard Summon
Hand Addition ● Hand Change ● Increase Power
Infinite ● Infinite Attacker ● Infinite Blocker
Mana Acceleration ● Mana Burn ● Mana Curve ● Mana Summon
Opponent Reliance ● Peeping ● Prevents Attack ● Prevents Defeat
Reset ● Resistance ● Reverse Fury Charge ● Reverse Slayer ● Shield Addition
Shield Burn ● Shield Change ● Shield Peek
Suicide ● Skip the rest of the turn ● Trample
Unattackable ● Unblockable ● Unchoosable
Vigilance ● Win All Battles ● 3D Dragsolution
Cards that can be put into the Battle Zone at the start of the game
Blocker Based Removal ● Bounce ● Can Attack Untapped Creatures
Card Based Removal ● Decrease Power ● Fixed Removal ● Force Battle ● Mass Removal
Power Based Removal ● Reset ● Sealing ● Self Removal ● Tap In ● Tap and Destroy
4 or more of this card in your deck ● Activation Cost ● Additional Cost ● Attacking Creature
Can't be destroyed ● Choose a race ● Color Accident ● Concept ● Consists of ● Counter
Dead Card ● Deck Building ● Deck Compression ● Designer's Combo ● Evolution Icon
Evolution Source ● Face Up ● Forced ● Gacha Figure ● Game
Game Table ● Hyperspatial Cost ● Key Card ● Limited Card ● Mode ● Name Rule
Optional ● Overkill ● Play ● Power Creep ● Quasi-Vanilla ● Real Cost ● Repair
Rock-Paper-Scissors ● Stop ● System Creature ● The Over Eggplant-cross
Touch ● Trivia card ● Twinpactification