| Regulation |
In Duel Masters, all cards released are allowed to be used in deck construction (with the exception of cards on the Hall of Fame). However, various tournaments with different rulesets can also be held.
The Hall of Fame is intended to diversify the decks participating in the tournament metagame.
In events where special regulations have also been held, Winner Awards are given for participation.
Due to irregular regulations for deck construction set up time, there is commonly less participants than normal regulation tournaments. The Winner Promo is used to help offset this.
List of Formats
- After Generate League
- Psychic Shock limited (Limited to the Psychic Shock block.)
- Episode 1 limited (Limited to the Episode 1 block.)
- Episode 2 limited (Limited to the Episode 2 block.)
- Episode 3 limited (Limited to the Episode 3 block.)
- Episode 1,2,3 limited finals (Limited to the Episode 1, 2 and 3 blocks.)
- Dragon Saga limited (Limited to the Dragon Saga block.)
- Revolution limited (Limited to the Revolution block.)
- Revolution Final limited (Limited to the Revolution Final block.)
- Duel Masters limited (Limited to the Duel Masters block.)
- Hall of Fame Zero Duel
- Hall of Fame isn't used in this regulation, allowing players to run insane amounts of cheat-level strategies that would be impossible in a regular format.
- 10 Races Deck Battle
- Mega Deck Duel 7
- The player can have 70 cards in his deck and all of them must be cards with different names. The duel starts with 7 shields and 7 cards in hand.
- Zero Civilization King Finals
- The player have at least 10 Zero Civilization cards in his deck.
- Monocolored Tournament
- All of the contents in a players deck, including the Hyperspatial Zone can only consist of 1 civilization.
- Limit 10
- Tokkyu 8
- The player purchases 8 sealed Booster Packs and duels with the cards with it.
- Booster Draft
- The generic term used in Sealed draft tournaments.
- Super Deck Zero Duel
- Start Deck Champion Finals
- The player can only replace up to 10 cards from DMD-21 Due-ma Start Deck: Invincible Fire Civilization, DMD-22 Due-ma Start Deck: Destroyer Darkness Civilization and DMD-23 Due-ma Start Deck: Miracle Bringer Light Civilization.