|Put Into Graveyard |
|Category:||Put Into Graveyard|
It is also commonly referred to as a "PiG" ability.
It's is usually templated as "When this creature is destroyed, EFFECT". This appears as "このクリーチャーが破壊された時" in the Japanese text.
This ability is triggered whenever a creature with the ability is destroyed and put into that players graveyard. This also covers destruction by the effect of any card, including destruction by battle.
However, this also leads to creatures having lower costs due to these disadvantages to the slower timing. This can lead to causing problems for your opponent in the early game trying to remove them and avoid their trigger.
These types of cards also work well in suicidal attacks (possibly after tapping your opponent's creatures). They also work together with Creature Recovery cards to be able to continually reuse them.
Abilities that trigger when a creatures "leaves the battle zone" are a much stronger version of a PiG ability, as they trigger regardless of how the creature is moved from the zone, such as Bounce or Mana Feed.
|Darkness / Creature |
■ When this creature is destroyed, your opponent discards a card at random from his hand.
- When a card such as Jack Viper, Shadow of Doom puts one of your creatures with a PiG ability into a zone other than your graveyard, their ability is not triggered due to the substitution ability.
- Cards such as Dark Soul Creation and Deadly Love can be used with these types of creatures. The "destroy" on these abilities all qualify as being "put into your graveyard", as they are being paid for a Cost.
- The similar "When they would leave the battle zone" ability triggers at the same time as a PiG ability. When both of them would be triggered at the same time, the owner of the cards chooses the order.
Cards that support your creatures being put into your graveyard.
|Support Card:||Card Effect:|
|■ Each of your creatures' abilities that would trigger when your creatures are destroyed or when they would leave the battle zone, trigger twice instead.|
Cards that support your opponents creatures being put into their graveyard.
- Mist Rias, Sonic Guardian being on the Hall of Fame shows the difference in strength of the CiP and PiG abilites, with its equivalent Mongrel Man (or later; Super Trash Train, Fuuma Devil) being unrestricted.
- CoroCoro refers to them as "When Die Effect".
- DMRP-09 New Zone Was Born! Super GR and Orega Ora!! introduced a few creatures that can Gacharange Summon when they are destroyed.
- Q: Does Katana, Withering Light's Life trigger even if its the first creature destroyed?
- A: Yes, it will trigger for itself. source [2020.9.18]
- Q: What happens if Necrodragon Guljeneraid and other dragons are destroyed at the same time?
- A: As the dragons are destroyed at the same time as 'Necrodragon Guljeneraid', the trigger condition of 'if this card is in your graveyard' isn't met, so it stays in your graveyard. source [2020.10.23]
- Q: You have Jokotsuki, Bijouga and a multicolored creature in the battle zone. What happens when the multicolored creature is destroyed?
- A: You can't draw a card as you don't have a multicolored creature in the battle zone when you resolve the trigger ability. source [2021.2.19]
- Q: An Alice-1, Lawless that was under one of your evolution creatures was destroyed by the Come Into Play effect of Jack Alcadeias, Dark Gaia. Can you use the "when this creature is destroyed" ability of Alice-1, Lawless?
- A: No, it can't be used. The 'when this creature is destroyed' ability only triggers of the creature was in the battle zone as a creature before it was put into the graveyard. source [2022.4.8]
Effects and Abilities
- Oneshot Effect
- Continuous Effect
- Static Ability
- Trigger Ability
- Activated Ability
- Spell Ability
Awaken ● Battle ● Block ● Break ● Cast ● Charge ● Cross
Destroy ● Discard ● Dragsolution ● Expand ● Forbidden Liberate
Fortify ● Gachinko Judge ● Generate ● Gacharange Summon ● Link ● Reveal ● Seal
Search ● Shuffle ● Summon ● Switch ● Tap ● Trigger ● Upside Down ● Use
Ability ● Artist ● Card Illustration ● Card Name ● Card Number
Card Rarity ● Card Type ● Cost ● Civilization ● Mana Cost ● Mana Number
Power ● Race ● Soul ● Subtype ● Summon Cost ● Supertype
Evolution Creature ● Evolution Cross Gear ● Evolution Dragheart Creature ● Evolution Exile Creature ● Evolution Psychic Creature
Exile Creature ● Faerie Field ● Final Forbidden Creature ● Final Forbidden Field ● Forbidden Core ● Forbidden Creature
Forbidden Field ● Forbidden Impulse ● Gacharange Creature ● Giga Orega Aura ● Happiness Field ● King Cell ● Moonless Night Field
Mono Artifact ● Neo Creature ● Neo Evolution Creature ● Neo Gacharange Creature ● Orega Aura
Psychic Creature ● Psychic Field ● Psychic Super Creature ● Star Evolution Creature ● Star Max Evolution Creature
T2 Field ● Ceremony of Zeron ● Zeron Creature ● Zeron Nebula
Super Deck Zero Duel ● Start Deck Champion Finals
Adds Civilization ● Adds Race ● Alternate Win ● Alternative Cost
Attack Bend ● Basic Card ● Cantrip ● Card Discard ● Chump Block
Cost Reduction ● Clutch ● Deck Manipulation ● Degenerate ● Diamond State
Draw Engine ● Draw Lock ● Draw Source ● Draw Spell
Extra Turn ● Finisher ● Graveyard Fertilizer ● Graveyard Summon
Hand Addition ● Hand Change ● Increase Power
Infinite ● Infinite Attacker ● Infinite Blocker
Mana Acceleration ● Mana Burn ● Mana Curve ● Mana Summon
Opponent Reliance ● Peeping ● Prevents Attack ● Prevents Defeat
Reset ● Resistance ● Reverse Fury Charge ● Reverse Slayer ● Shield Addition
Shield Burn ● Shield Change ● Shield Peek
Suicide ● Skip the rest of the turn ● Trample
Unattackable ● Unblockable ● Unchoosable
Vigilance ● Win All Battles ● 3D Dragsolution
Cards that can be put into the Battle Zone at the start of the game
Blocker Based Removal ● Bounce ● Can Attack Untapped Creatures
Card Based Removal ● Decrease Power ● Fixed Removal ● Force Battle ● Mass Removal
Power Based Removal ● Reset ● Sealing ● Self Removal ● Tap In ● Tap and Destroy
Activation Cost ● Additional Cost ● Attacking Creature
Can't be destroyed ● Choose a race ● Color Accident ● Concept ● Consists of ● Counter ● Cycle
Dead Card ● Deck Building ● Deck Compression ● Designer's Combo ● Evolution Icon
Evolution Source ● Face Up ● Forced ● Gacha Figure ● Game
Game Table ● Hyperspatial Cost ● Key Card ● Limited Card ● Mode ● More than 4 of this card in your deck
Name Rule ● Optional ● Overkill ● Play ● Power Creep ● Quasi-Vanilla ● Real Cost ● Repair
Rock-Paper-Scissors ● Stop ● System Creature ● The Over Eggplant-cross
Touch ● Trivia card ● Twinpactification ● Vanilla