| Put Into Graveyard |
It is also commonly referred to as a "PiG" ability.
Its is usually templated as "When this creature is destroyed, EFFECT".
However, this also leads to creatures having lower costs due to this disadvantages to the slower timing. This can lead to causing problems for your opponent in the early game trying to remove them and avoid their trigger.
These types of cards also work well in suicidal attacks (possibly after tapping your opponent's creatures). They also work together with Creature Recovery cards to be able to continually reuse them.
Abilities that trigger when a creatures "leaves the battle zone" are a much stronger version of a PiG ability, as they trigger regardless of how the creature is moved from the zone, such as Bounce or Mana Feed.
|Darkness / Creature / Hedrian / 2 / 1000|
|■ When this creature is destroyed, your opponent discards a card at random from his hand.|
- When a card such as Jack Viper, Shadow of Doom puts one of your creatures with a PiG ability into a zone other than your graveyard, their ability is not triggered due to the substitution ability.
- Cards such as Dark Soul Creation and Deadly Love can be used with these types of creatures. The "destroy" on these abilities all qualify as being "put into your graveyard", as they are being paid for a Cost.
- The similar "When they would leave the battle zone" ability triggers at the same time as a PiG ability. When both of them would be triggered at the same time, the owner of the cards chooses the order.
- Mist Rias, Sonic Guardian being on the Hall of Fame shows the difference in strength of the CiP and PiG abilites, with its equivalent Mongrel Man (or later; Super Trash Train, Fuuma Devil) being unrestricted.
- CoroCoro refers to them as "When Die Effect".
- DMRP-09 New Zone Was Born! Super GR and Orega Ora!! introduced a few creatures that can Gacharange Summon when they are destroyed.
Effects and Abilities
- Oneshot Effect
- Continuous Effect
- Static Ability
- Trigger Ability
- Activated Ability
- Spell Ability
Awaken ● Battle ● Block ● Break ● Cast ● Charge ● Cross
Destroy ● Discard ● Dragsolution ● Expand ● Forbidden Liberate
Fortify ● Gachinko Judge ● Generate ● Gacharange Summon ● Link ● Reveal ● Seal
Search ● Shuffle ● Summon ● Switch ● Tap ● Trigger ● Upside Down ● Use
Ability ● Artist ● Card Illustration ● Card Name ● Card Number
Card Rarity ● Card Type ● Cost ● Civilization ● Mana Cost ● Mana Number
Power ● Race ● Soul ● Subtype ● Summon Cost ● Supertype
D2 Field ● DG Field ● Dragheart Creature ● Dragheart Fortress ● Dragheart Weapon
Evolution Creature ● Evolution Cross Gear ● Evolution Exile Creature ● Exile Creature
Final Forbidden Creature ● Final Forbidden Field ● Forbidden Core ● Forbidden Creature
Forbidden Field ● Forbidden Impulse ● Gacharange Creature ● Happiness Field
Moonless Night Field ● Neo Creature ● Neo Evolution Creature ● Orega Aura
Psychic Creature ● Psychic Evolution Creature ● Psychic Super Creature ● Twinpact
Ceremony of Zeron ● Zeron Creature ● Zeron Nebula
Super Deck Zero Duel ● Start Deck Champion Finals
Adds Civilization ● Adds Race ● Alternate Win ● Alternative Cost
Attack Bend ● Basic Card ● Cantrip ● Card Discard ● Chump Block
Cost Reduction ● Deck Manipulation ● Degenerate ● Diamond State
Draw Engine ● Draw Lock ● Draw Source ● Draw Spell
Extra Turn ● Finisher ● Graveyard Fertilizer ● Graveyard Summon
Hand Addition ● Hand Change ● Increase Power
Infinite ● Infinite Attacker ● Infinite Blocker
Mana Acceleration ● Mana Burn ● Mana Curve ● Mana Summon
Opponent Reliance ● Peeping ● Prevents Attack ● Prevents Defeat
Reset ● Resistance ● Reverse Fury Charge ● Reverse Slayer ● Shield Addition
Shield Burn ● Shield Change ● Shield Peek
Suicide ● Skip the rest of the turn ● Trample
Unattackable ● Unblockable ● Unchoosable
Vigilance ● Win All Battles ● 3D Dragsolution
Blocker Based Removal ● Bounce ● Can Attack Untapped Creatures
Card Based Removal ● Decrease Power ● Fixed Removal ● Force Battle ● Mass Removal
Power Based Removal ● Reset ● Sealing ● Self Removal ● Tap In ● Tap and Destroy
4 or more of this card in your deck ● Activation Cost ● Additional Cost ● Attacking Creature
Can't be destroyed ● Choose a race ● Color Accident ● Concept ● Consists of ● Counter
Dead Card ● Deck Building ● Deck Compression ● Designer's Combo ● Evolution Icon
Evolution Source ● Face Up ● Forced ● Gacha Figure ● Game
Game Table ● Key Card ● Limited Card ● Mode ● Name Rule ● Optional ● Overkill
Play ● Power Creep ● Psychic Cost ● Quasi-Vanilla ● Real Cost ● Repair
Rock-Paper-Scissors ● Stop ● System Creature ● The Over Eggplant-cross
Touch ● Trivia card ● Twinpactification