| Overkill |
Overkill in gameplay terms has two separate meanings:
Excess usage of creatures or spells, generally when one is about to win but makes a move that is excess and is not needed, generally to humiliate the opponent even more. For example, a player might be winning with an Ryusei Kaiser, the Eternal in the battle zone giving all his creatures Speed Attacker, then summons Überdragon Bajulaterra in order to remove all of the opponent's mana. This is usually considered undesirable and is almost the same as Stalling the timer in official events.
A type of creature or spell whose effect is overly difficult to trigger but once it has, the results are devastating. Usually truth is better than romance and in competitive metagame it is advised to act as fast as possible to defeat the opponent. And as a result, these cards are considered slow and unstable in today's high-speed environment. Due to this, using them in Competitive Metagames are not recommended. However, they can be used in Fun, Non-Competitive decks for romance.
The following are examples of Overkill cards:
- Gaial, King of Kaiser: Cost is overly high even with its Infinity Soulshift ability.
- Supernova Betelgeuse Final Cannon: A Galaxy Vortex evolution creature with an overly difficult Mega Meteorburn 6 ability to trigger, but when it does the opponent will most likely lose.
- Psychic Suva, the Awakened God: Difficult to awaken, when awakened there's usually a four part Emperor of the Gods which is enough to make the opponent lose and Psychic Suva is usually not needed. It's only actual ability cannot be triggered using Sword Saint Jigen, Awoken Dragon World as it requires the creature to awaken and not simply flipped.
- Ultimate evolution MAX: Difficult to evolve into.
- All Over The World, Supreme True Dragon Soul: Super Dragsolution is extremely difficult to perform, often requiring the high cost Glenmalt "Blade", King Dragon Edge.
- Overkill Zero Dragon is not overkill despite what its name might suggest.
- A creature with absurdly high power is not considered to be overkill, as power is often irrelevant to a creature's card competitiveness in this game.
Awaken ● Battle ● Block ● Break ● Cast ● Charge ● Cross
Destroy ● Discard ● Dragsolution ● Expand ● Forbidden Liberate
Fortify ● Gachinko Judge ● Generate ● Gacharange Summon ● Link ● Reveal ● Seal
Search ● Shuffle ● Summon ● Switch ● Tap ● Trigger ● Upside Down ● Use
Ability ● Artist ● Card Illustration ● Card Name ● Card Number
Card Rarity ● Card Type ● Cost ● Civilization ● Mana Cost ● Mana Number
Power ● Race ● Soul ● Subtype ● Summon Cost ● Supertype
D2 Field ● DG Field ● Dragheart Creature ● Dragheart Fortress ● Dragheart Weapon
Evolution Creature ● Evolution Cross Gear ● Evolution Exile Creature ● Exile Creature
Final Forbidden Creature ● Final Forbidden Field ● Forbidden Core ● Forbidden Creature
Forbidden Field ● Forbidden Impulse ● Gacharange Creature ● Happiness Field
Moonless Night Field ● Neo Creature ● Neo Evolution Creature ● Orega Aura
Psychic Creature ● Psychic Evolution Creature ● Psychic Super Creature ● Twinpact
Ceremony of Zeron ● Zeron Creature ● Zeron Nebula
Super Deck Zero Duel ● Start Deck Champion Finals
Adds Civilization ● Adds Race ● Alternate Win ● Alternative Cost
Attack Bend ● Basic Card ● Cantrip ● Card Discard ● Chump Block
Cost Reduction ● Deck Manipulation ● Degenerate ● Diamond State
Draw Engine ● Draw Lock ● Draw Source ● Draw Spell
Extra Turn ● Finisher ● Graveyard Fertilizer ● Graveyard Summon
Hand Addition ● Hand Change ● Increase Power
Infinite ● Infinite Attacker ● Infinite Blocker
Mana Acceleration ● Mana Burn ● Mana Curve ● Mana Summon
Opponent Reliance ● Peeping ● Prevents Attack ● Prevents Defeat
Reset ● Resistance ● Reverse Fury Charge ● Reverse Slayer ● Shield Addition
Shield Burn ● Shield Change ● Shield Peek
Suicide ● Skip the rest of the turn ● Trample
Unattackable ● Unblockable ● Unchoosable
Vigilance ● Win All Battles ● 3D Dragsolution
Blocker Based Removal ● Bounce ● Can Attack Untapped Creatures
Card Based Removal ● Decrease Power ● Fixed Removal ● Force Battle ● Mass Removal
Power Based Removal ● Reset ● Sealing ● Self Removal ● Tap In ● Tap and Destroy
4 or more of this card in your deck ● Activation Cost ● Additional Cost ● Attacking Creature
Can't be destroyed ● Choose a race ● Color Accident ● Concept ● Consists of ● Counter
Dead Card ● Deck Building ● Deck Compression ● Designer's Combo ● Evolution Icon
Evolution Source ● Face Up ● Forced ● Gacha Figure ● Game
Game Table ● Key Card ● Limited Card ● Mode ● Name Rule ● Optional ● Overkill
Play ● Power Creep ● Psychic Cost ● Quasi-Vanilla ● Real Cost ● Repair
Rock-Paper-Scissors ● Stop ● System Creature ● The Over Eggplant-cross
Touch ● Trivia card ● Twinpactification