| Mass Removal |
全体除去 (Zentai Jokyo)
|Light / Spell / 6|
| Shield trigger (When this spell is put into your hand from your shield zone, you may cast it immediately for no cost.)
■ If there are 6 or more creatures in the battle zone, destroy all of them.
As Mass Removal cards do not choose targets, cards such as Petrova, Channeler of Suns or other Unchoosable cards can be removed at any time. Abilities that trigger when they are chosen such as Red ABYTHEN Kaiser are also not triggered.
However, it can be difficult to handle your own creatures being destroyed as well unless they feature Put Into Graveyard abilities or the card only affects the opponent.
Mass Removal works in the following steps
- Creatures that have a "when this creature is destroyed ability' have their conditions met.
- The active player resolves the substitution effect for their creatures, then their opponent does.
- Any other destroyed creatures are put into the players graveyard.
- The active player resolves any Put Into Graveyard abilities, then their opponent does.
There is a ruling that details about creatures that are destroyed at the same time. If 2x copies of Super Trash Train, Fuuma Devil are destroyed at the same time, 2 cards are drawn, as they both "see" the other copy being destroyed.
List of famous Mass Removal cards
- King Tsunami
- Aqua Wavester
- Liger Blade, Fierce Tiger
- Scarlet Skyterror
- GENJI Triple Cross, Passion Dragon
- Bolshack Superhero
- 5000GT, Riot
- Codename Ethan
- Codename Sherlock
- Codecommand Death Marriage
- Gyuujinmaru, Legendary Identity
- Ballcadeias, Overlord of Demons
- Supernova Neptune Shutrom
- Ballom, Master of Death
- Dorballom, Lord of Demons
- Ballom Emperor, Lord of Demons
- Apocalypse Day
- Invincible Abyss
- Violence Heaven
- Super Explosive Duel Fire
- Hell's Hot Spring
- The Grave of Angels and Demons
- All Delete