|Mana Curve |
マナカーブ (Mana Kābu)
(An example of a Mana Curve in a rush deck.)
When each card in the deck are gathered organized by cost, a curve can be created.
It is a concept used in consideration in all deck building and servers as a guide for deciding the balance of the costs and number of cards used in a deck.
When there are a majority of cards at a low cost (such as 2 or 3) and a smaller amount of higher costs, the graph draws a balanced curve. If there is a large number of cards with a heavy cost in the deck, it's statistically likely that they will be drawn too often in the early turns of the game before they can be used.
However, if there a too many light cards, the card power of the deck will be lower, with little finisher options.
- Even top-ranking decks in the metagame have a high-cost weighted curve. This can be seen in Drama decks where more than half of the deck are Dragon creatures that cost 6 mana or more including Magmadragon Balga Geyser. Various deck types are not always bound by the Mana Curve.
- Even in rush decks, various defensive cards with "shield trigger" such as Terror Pit or Hell's Scrapper are used for a countermeasure against the mirror match. These cards can be put into the mana zone rather than being cast for their actual cost.
- The Mana Curve of a deck can differ slightly when using Mana Acceleration cards. For example, if a Mana Acceleration card that costs 2 is used, you can use a cost 4 on your third turn, and if another is used, you can use a 6 cost card on the fourth turn. This flow of "2 > 4 > 6" is known as a "Progression" and is a plan used by control deck types to gain Tempo Advantage.
- In the case of deck construction based on this progression in the example above, the cards with a cost of 3 or 5 mana cards aren't used, so are only used in low amounts. While the curve may look slightly uneven, if enough lower cost cards are still used, this curve will stay stable.
- Shobu Kirifuda mentioned this concept when he built a deck using Bolmeteus Steel Dragon.
Awaken ● Battle ● Block ● Break ● Cast ● Charge ● Cross
Destroy ● Discard ● Dragsolution ● Expand ● Forbidden Liberate
Fortify ● Gachinko Judge ● Generate ● Gacharange Summon ● Link ● Reveal ● Seal
Search ● Shuffle ● Summon ● Switch ● Tap ● Trigger ● Upside Down ● Use
Ability ● Artist ● Card Illustration ● Card Name ● Card Number
Card Rarity ● Card Type ● Cost ● Civilization ● Mana Cost ● Mana Number
Power ● Race ● Soul ● Subtype ● Summon Cost ● Supertype
Evolution Creature ● Evolution Cross Gear ● Evolution Dragheart Creature ● Evolution Exile Creature ● Evolution Psychic Creature
Exile Creature ● Faerie Field ● Final Forbidden Creature ● Final Forbidden Field ● Forbidden Core ● Forbidden Creature
Forbidden Field ● Forbidden Impulse ● Gacharange Creature ● Giga Orega Aura ● Happiness Field ● King Cell ● Moonless Night Field
Mono Artifact ● Neo Creature ● Neo Evolution Creature ● Neo Gacharange Creature ● Orega Aura
Psychic Creature ● Psychic Field ● Psychic Super Creature ● Star Evolution Creature ● Star Max Evolution Creature
T2 Field ● Ceremony of Zeron ● Zeron Creature ● Zeron Nebula
Super Deck Zero Duel ● Start Deck Champion Finals
Adds Civilization ● Adds Race ● Alternate Win ● Alternative Cost
Attack Bend ● Basic Card ● Cantrip ● Card Discard ● Chump Block
Cost Reduction ● Clutch ● Deck Manipulation ● Degenerate ● Diamond State
Draw Engine ● Draw Lock ● Draw Source ● Draw Spell
Extra Turn ● Finisher ● Graveyard Fertilizer ● Graveyard Summon
Hand Addition ● Hand Change ● Increase Power
Infinite ● Infinite Attacker ● Infinite Blocker
Mana Acceleration ● Mana Burn ● Mana Curve ● Mana Summon
Opponent Reliance ● Peeping ● Prevents Attack ● Prevents Defeat
Reset ● Resistance ● Reverse Fury Charge ● Reverse Slayer ● Shield Addition
Shield Burn ● Shield Change ● Shield Peek
Suicide ● Skip the rest of the turn ● Trample
Unattackable ● Unblockable ● Unchoosable
Vigilance ● Win All Battles ● 3D Dragsolution
Cards that can be put into the Battle Zone at the start of the game
Blocker Based Removal ● Bounce ● Can Attack Untapped Creatures
Card Based Removal ● Decrease Power ● Fixed Removal ● Force Battle ● Mass Removal
Power Based Removal ● Reset ● Sealing ● Self Removal ● Tap In ● Tap and Destroy
Activation Cost ● Additional Cost ● Attacking Creature
Can't be destroyed ● Choose a race ● Color Accident ● Concept ● Consists of ● Counter ● Cycle
Dead Card ● Deck Building ● Deck Compression ● Designer's Combo ● Evolution Icon
Evolution Source ● Face Up ● Forced ● Gacha Figure ● Game
Game Table ● Hyperspatial Cost ● Key Card ● Limited Card ● Mode ● More than 4 of this card in your deck
Name Rule ● Optional ● Overkill ● Play ● Power Creep ● Quasi-Vanilla ● Real Cost ● Repair
Rock-Paper-Scissors ● Stop ● System Creature ● The Over Eggplant-cross
Touch ● Trivia card ● Twinpactification ● Vanilla