| Life Gate |
DM-23 The End of the Universe
This keyword has a variant, Goal Life Gate.
Whenever a creature with Life Gate is destroyed, you may return a creature with the same race as that creature from your graveyard into your hand. Then if you do, put that creature on the bottom of your deck.
As it does not bring direct advantage, Creatures that have this ability and nothing else can be considered Quasi-Vanilla.
Despite this, it does prevent a deckout since after the ability is used the creature gets put into the bottom of the deck.
The latest reminder texts for Life Gate reads;
|Life Gate: "RACE" (When this creature would be destroyed, you may return a "RACE" from your graveyard to your hand. If you do, put this creature on the bottom of your deck instead.)|
|Life Gate: "RACE1" or "RACE2" (When this creature is destroyed, you may return a "RACE1" or "RACE2", or one of each, from your graveyard to your hand. If you do, put this creature on the bottom of your deck instead.)|
| Darkness / Creature / 6 |
Tyranno Drake / 5000
■ Life Gate: Tyranno Drake (When this creature would be destroyed, you may return a Tyranno Drake from your graveyard to your hand. If you do, put this creature on the bottom of your deck instead.)
Cards with the Life Gate ability
- Q: How do I use "Life Gate"?
- A: Look at the race written immediately after "Life Gate". When a creature with "Life Gate" is destroyed, you may return a creature with that race from your graveyard to your hand. When "Life Gate" is used, place the creature at the bottom of your deck instead of the graveyard.
- Q: If you use the "Life Gate" ability of your creature, is the creature considered being destroyed?
- A: No. "Life Gate" is a Substitution Effect.
- Q: Can you put a creature at the bottom of the deck using the "Life Gate" ability, even if there are no creatures with the designated race in your graveyard?
- A: No. If there are no creatures of the supported race in the graveyard, you can't use "Life Gate".
- Q: If I have a creature with the designated race in the graveyard, do I have to use "Life Gate"?
- A: No, "Life Gate" is optional.
- Q: Two of my creatures are about to be destroyed at the same time. One of them has "Life Gate". The second creature is has a race supported by the first creature's "Life Gate". Can I use "Life Gate" to return the second creature destroyed to my hand and place the creature with "Life Gate" on the bottom of my deck?
- A: You can't. When creatures with "Life Gate" are destroyed, you can only return creatures that are already in the graveyard to your hand.
- Q: There are also creatures with "Life Gate" that support two races. How do I use these?
- A: When a creature with "Life Gate" supporting two races is destroyed, you may return one creature from each race to your hand. If you do, put the creature with "Life Gate" at the bottom of the deck.
Accelerator ● Annihilating Soul Recall ● Attack Chance ● Awaken ● Bad Action Dynamite ● Bad Action Dynamite Spell ● Bio Kick ● Bio Tackle ● Break Bonus ● Burning Doron Go ● Chain ● Chain Cascade ● Charger ● Climax Doron Go ● Cyclone ● Denjara Switch ● Doron Go ● Double Evolution Burst ● Double Freeze ● Double Shield Plus ● Double Sympathy ● Dragon Evade ● Dragon Mana Arms ● Dragsolution ● Dynamo ● Escape ● Eternal Omega ● Evo Charger
Final Final Revolution ● Final Revolution ● Forbidden Big Bang ● Forbidden Liberate ● Forbidden Mechanism ● Fort Energy ● Free Cross ● Freeze ● Fury Charge ● Gachinko Judge ● Gate of Moonless Night ● Gate of Moonless Night Zetsu ● Genius Sympathy ● Goal Life Gate ● God Slayer ● Gogogo Gangan Galaxy ● Graveyard Kourin ● Gravity Zero ● Guardman ● Happiness Switch ● Hatenkokonotsugatari ● Holy Field ● Hunting ● Hell's Soul Recall ● Infinity Power Attacker ● Infinity Soulshift ● Invasion ● Jokers Over Explode ● Jokers Change ● Joragon Big 1 ● Kizuna ● Kizuna Comp ● Kizuna Plus ● Knight Magic ● Knightly Generation ● Kourin
Labyrinth ● Last Burst ● Launcher Energy ● Life Gate ● Link Release ● Loop Awaken ● Lost Prism ● Mach Fighter ● Mana Arms ● Mana Kourin ● Mana Reburst ● Marshall Touch ● Master Bad Action Dynamite ● Master Blaster ● Master Double Merabeat ● Master Gogogo Gangan Galaxy ● Master Labyrinth ● Master Merabeat ● Mega Meteorburn 6 ● Metamorph ● Meteorburn Awaken ● Meteorburn ● Multicolored Mana Arms ● Ninja Strike ● No Choice ● Overdrive ● Platinum Drive ● Psychic Link ● Rebirth Chain ● Recycle ● Release ● Revenge Chance ● Revolution 0 Trigger ● Revolution Change ● Revolution
S-Rank Invasion ● Sabaki Z ● Samurai Generation ● Samurai Magic ● Shield Force ● Shield Go ● Shield Plus ● Shield Saver ● Shield Trigger Cross ● Silent Skill ● Solemn Duty ● Soul Recall ● Soulshift ● Space Charge ● Stealth ● Strike Back ● Super Accelerator ● Super Dragsolution ● Super Shield Plus ● Super Shield Trigger ● Super Strike Back ● Survivor ● Sympathy ● Tap Ability ● Thrilling Three ● Trio Doron Go ● Triple Sympathy ● True Escape ● Turbo Rush ● Ultra Doron Go ● Ultra Saver ● Ultra Shield Plus ● Victory Psychic Link ● Wave Striker ● ZERO
Deck evolution ● Mad Deck evolution
Graveyard evolution ● Graveyard Vortex evolution
Graveyard Galaxy Vortex evolution ● Galaxy Vortex evolution Omega
Hand evolution ● Hand Vortex evolution
Mana evolution ● Mana Vortex evolution ● Mana Galaxy Vortex evolution
Super Infinite evolution ● Super Infinite Graveyard evolution ● Super Infinite evolution Omega
Ultimate evolution ● Ultimate evolution MAX
Vortex evolution ● Galaxy Vortex evolution