| Generate |
Generate is a keyword action.
The regular steps of generating a creature are as follows:
- Choose the cross gear you want to generate.
- Pay any additional costs that may need to be pad.
- If there is any Cost Reduction or Cost Increase, apply them.
- Pay the total cost of the cross gear.
- Put the cross gear into the battle zone.
If you put a creature in the battle zone with a "Samurai Generation" ability, you may generate a cross gear from your hand for no cost. This ability is often featured on creatures that have the Samurai race.
After it is broken as a shield, Cross Gears with the Shield Trigger Cross ability can be generated into the battle zone and crossed onto a creature for no cost.
To attach it to a creature, it needs to have its cost paid again to be crossed.
- For cards that can generate your Cross Gears for no cost, see Samurai Generation
- For cross gears that can be generated for no cost cost, see Shield Trigger Cross