They are also known as "Holographic" or "Premium" cards.
It can also refer to the cards that have received this process, also known as "Foil Cards" or "Kira Cards".
In Duel Masters, cards with the Legend Card, Double Victory, Victory, Super Rare and Very Rare also feature a foil specification. Some promotional cards, as well as Alternate Artwork cards such as Catino Cards, Heroes Cards, Miracle Cards, Mode Change Cards and Dramatic Cards also received the foil process.
However, there is no direct relationship between the strength of the card even if its a foil card at a higher rarity.
Foil cards can suffer from environmental moisture and began to warp. Even if they are put into a card sleeve, they may still be distinguishable from other cards.
In Duel Masters however, cards with the higher rarity are usually only found in a foil spec, and often have powerful cards that are used in the metagame due to their higher card rarity
Efforts should be made to reduce foil cards from warping if the player wishes to attend an official tournament regulation event. Methods such as using desiccants, or leaving heavy objects over a single sleeved card (such as a book) can help this process. Attention should be paid to not damage the card in anyway trying to decrease the warping.
- There are various forms of foil patterns, which are updated irregularly for different specialty products.
- Apart from Super Rare and Very Rare foils, cards that have a foiling effect that resembles "scattered broken pieces of glass" are known as "laminate cards". This was featured on multiple promotional cards for the CoroCoro Comic magazine and appendices.
- Contrary to a foil card, a non-foil card would be known as "normal", with no processing applied whatsoever.
- Because of the existence of Mode Change Cards and Dramatic Cards, cards are not necessarily more expensive because they are foil. Card prices are usually only based on the strength of the card itself.
- Super Decks have a foil specification used on their alternate Card Frames (Silver Frame or Metal Frame. There are 3 patterns of foil used for Super Deck Zero and 1 for Super Deck Cross. After Super Deck Cross, a custom foil to each deck was used and a Super Solid Foil for psychic creatures.
- [Dash TV] recommends that the warping of cards returns to normal when the card is dried, but cards can lose coloration if left in direct sunlight, or dirty or stolen when left outside.
Awaken ● Battle ● Block ● Break ● Cast ● Charge ● Cross
Destroy ● Discard ● Dragsolution ● Expand ● Forbidden Liberate
Fortify ● Gachinko Judge ● Generate ● Gacharange Summon ● Link ● Reveal ● Seal
Search ● Shuffle ● Summon ● Switch ● Tap ● Trigger ● Upside Down ● Use
Ability ● Artist ● Card Illustration ● Card Name ● Card Number
Card Rarity ● Card Type ● Cost ● Civilization ● Mana Cost ● Mana Number
Power ● Race ● Soul ● Subtype ● Summon Cost ● Supertype
Evolution Creature ● Evolution Cross Gear ● Evolution Dragheart Creature ● Evolution Exile Creature ● Evolution Psychic Creature
Exile Creature ● Final Forbidden Creature ● Final Forbidden Field ● Forbidden Core ● Forbidden Creature
Forbidden Field ● Forbidden Impulse ● Gacharange Creature ● Happiness Field ● Moonless Night Field
Mono Artifact ● Neo Creature ● Neo Evolution Creature ● Neo Gacharange Creature ● Orega Aura
Psychic Creature ● Psychic Field ● Psychic Super Creature ● T2 Field ● Ceremony of Zeron ● Zeron Creature ● Zeron Nebula
Super Deck Zero Duel ● Start Deck Champion Finals
Adds Civilization ● Adds Race ● Alternate Win ● Alternative Cost
Attack Bend ● Basic Card ● Cantrip ● Card Discard ● Chump Block
Cost Reduction ● Clutch ● Deck Manipulation ● Degenerate ● Diamond State
Draw Engine ● Draw Lock ● Draw Source ● Draw Spell
Extra Turn ● Finisher ● Graveyard Fertilizer ● Graveyard Summon
Hand Addition ● Hand Change ● Increase Power
Infinite ● Infinite Attacker ● Infinite Blocker
Mana Acceleration ● Mana Burn ● Mana Curve ● Mana Summon
Opponent Reliance ● Peeping ● Prevents Attack ● Prevents Defeat
Reset ● Resistance ● Reverse Fury Charge ● Reverse Slayer ● Shield Addition
Shield Burn ● Shield Change ● Shield Peek
Suicide ● Skip the rest of the turn ● Trample
Unattackable ● Unblockable ● Unchoosable
Vigilance ● Win All Battles ● 3D Dragsolution
Cards that can be put into the Battle Zone at the start of the game
Blocker Based Removal ● Bounce ● Can Attack Untapped Creatures
Card Based Removal ● Decrease Power ● Fixed Removal ● Force Battle ● Mass Removal
Power Based Removal ● Reset ● Sealing ● Self Removal ● Tap In ● Tap and Destroy
Activation Cost ● Additional Cost ● Attacking Creature
Can't be destroyed ● Choose a race ● Color Accident ● Concept ● Consists of ● Counter
Dead Card ● Deck Building ● Deck Compression ● Designer's Combo ● Evolution Icon
Evolution Source ● Face Up ● Forced ● Gacha Figure ● Game
Game Table ● Hyperspatial Cost ● Key Card ● Limited Card ● Mode ● More than 4 of this card in your deck
Name Rule ● Optional ● Overkill ● Play ● Power Creep ● Quasi-Vanilla ● Real Cost ● Repair
Rock-Paper-Scissors ● Stop ● System Creature ● The Over Eggplant-cross
Touch ● Trivia card ● Twinpactification