| DMBD-02 Chronicle Legacy Deck: |
Storm Rising!! Dolge's Ninja Art
|Translation:||Chronicle Legacy Deck: Storm Rising!! Dolge's Ninja Art|
|Gallery:||DMBD-02 Card Set Gallery|
|Release Date:||August 11th, 2017|
|Civilization(s):||Light / Water / Darkness / Fire / Nature|
|Main Race(s):||Giant / Shinobi / Earth Eater|
|Next Set:||DMBD-03 Mega-loaded Premium 7 Decks: Come Together!! Blazing J.O.E-kers|
|Previous Set:||DMBD-01 Chronicle Legacy Deck: Alcadeias Requiem|
Chronicle Legacy Deck: Chronicle Legacy Deck: Storm Rising!! Dolge's Ninja Art is the 2nd DMBD set in the OCG.
DMBD-01 and DMBD-02 both include a cloth playmat featuring an illustration of the flagship creature of the deck.
Like previous Chronicle decks, this deck doesn't feature the Block icon for the block they were released.
- Dolgeyukimura, Last Ninja
- Seikaizer, Dolge
- Sarutobi Giant, Dolge
- Analith, Cyber Armor
- Saizoumist, Dolge
- The overall theme is nostalgic to the Sengoku Saga, as it features Shinobi strategies in the Light Water Nature civilizations and utilizes Dolgeza, Veteran of Hard Battle, an important meta card of that time. Due to Dolgeza's synergy with Kirino Giant granting mass draw, Ninja Strikes were found to be suitable. Typically, there shouldn't be any relation between the Earth Eaters/Giants and the Shinobi races, but the background story of this deck mentions a new faction of the Shinobi known as the "Dolge".
This deck focuses on the "Shinobi Dolgeza" decktype which involves replenishing the hand with Dolgeza, Veteran of Hard Battle and defending oneself with Shinobis. Analith, Cyber Armor can be summoned in turn 2 and give the player 3 mana, then Kirino Giant can be used to further reduce Dolgeza, Veteran of Hard Battle's cost and Dolgeza replenishes the player's hand. Once the player has 4 Giants, Multiple copies of Dolgeyukimura, Last Ninja can be sent out to finish the opponent and recover lost Shinobis. When the player fails to one-shot the opponent, the Shinobis in the hand will stop all opposing attacks.
Despite this, this deck does not have any trigger resistances by itself, so Rafululu, Sound Faerie can be used as a stopper for Spell Triggers. Additionally, Magnum, Shortshot can become a killer threat against this deck, so spell defense is recommended. Grimoire, Super Magic Book ~Chapter 1~ can allow the player to send out Baiken, Blue Dragon of the Hidden Blade even if Shortshot itself is in the battle zone. Due to the double substitution effect, Shortshot cannot stop Baiken from appearing from a spell. Deathmatch Beetle is recommended to put a halt against meta rushes without any reliable removal and is also a Giant. Trap Giant is also recommended for further defense and Giant support. If the player can afford them and have space, Teranesk, Hard Battling Ancient Dragon can be used to generate mana and search out creatures. Cloud Giant can be used to search out vital cards.
Seeing the success of multiple Shinobi Dolgeza decks over the metagame, it's safe to say that this deck has successfully revived the decktype.
(Cards marked with a ☆ are exclusive to this deck.)
- 1/16 Dolgeyukimura, Last Ninja ☆
- 2/16 Seikaizer, Dolge ☆
- 3/16 Baiken, Blue Dragon of the Hidden Blade
- 4/16 Dolgeza, Veteran of Hard Battle
- 5/16 Hanzou, Menacing Phantom
- 6/16 Orochi of the Hidden Blade
- 7/16 Kubrick, Spiral Accelerator
- 8/16 Sarutobi Giant, Dolge ☆
- 9/16 Analith, Cyber Armor ☆
- 10/16 Saizoumist, Dolge ☆
- 11/16 Zerokage, Lightfang Lord
- 12/16 Intense Vacuuming Twist
- 13/16 Treasure Map
- 14/16 Kirino Giant
- 15/16 Falconer, Lightfang Ninja
- 16/16 Jasmine, Mist Faerie
Contents sorted by Civilizations
- 1x (3/16) Baiken, Blue Dragon of the Hidden Blade
- 1x (6/16) Orochi of the Hidden Blade
- 2x (12/16) Intense Vacuuming Twist
- 1x (5/16) Hanzou, Menacing Phantom
- 1x (7/16) Kubrick, Spiral Accelerator
- 2x (1/16) Dolgeyukimura, Last Ninja
- 2x (2/16) Seikaizer, Dolge
- 3x (4/16) Dolgeza, Veteran of Hard Battle
- 4x (8/16) Sarutobi Giant, Dolge
- 4x (9/16) Analith, Cyber Armor
- 3x (10/16) Saizoumist, Dolge
- This deck has the fewest shield triggers of all decks since DMS-05 Best Challenger Starter Deck, having only two. However, this is offset by it being a Ninja Strike-themed deck, which does not need a lot of shield triggers.
- The new cards printed in this deck are named after the Sanada Ten Braves, a legendary group of ninja that assisted the warlord Sanada Yukimura during the Warring States era of Japan.
- The Ten Warriors in the flavor texts of this deck's card are likely referring to:
Super Mega Bountiful Premium 7 Deck
DMBD-03 Mega-loaded Premium 7 Decks: Come Together!! Blazing J.O.E-kers
DMBD-04 Mega-loaded Premium 7 Decks: Justice Spark!! DG On!