| Cost Reduction |
コスト軽減 (Kosuto Keigen)
|Fire / Creature / Fire Bird / 3 / 1000|
|■ Your creatures that have Dragon in their race each cost 2 less to summon. They can't cost less than 2.|
|Deepsea Mecha Ganistar|
|Water / Creature / Machine Hero + Deep Marine / 3 / 2000|
|■ Your light and darkness creatures each cost 1 less to summon. They can't cost less than 1.|
|Franz the 1st, the Ice Fang|
|Water / Creature / Cyber Lord + Knight / 3 / 2000|
|■ Your spells may each cost 1 less to cast. They can't cost less than 1.|
Heavy cards are able to used another turn faster, with similar effectiveness to Mana Acceleration. A cost 2 cost reducer such as the Start Dash cycle and the First Squad Cycle will allow the summoning of a useful cost 4 creature in turn 3.
However, in the case of a System Creature, the ability is lost if it's removed from the battle zone, the stability is lost compared to mana acceleration. However, it can be used in deck types that may not wish to use the Nature Civilization for mana acceleration.
Even if the cost of a card is reduced, a card with the same civilization must be paid for each of the civilizations on the card you want to pay. Therefore, a multicolored card with 2 civilizations must still have 2 tapped cards, or 3 for 3 civilizations, and 5 for 5 civilizations respectively. Therefore, a card that costs 0, or costs below the amount of civilizations printed on the card can't be used at all. However, colorless cards have no civilizations, and thus it is possible to summon them for 0 mana. However, doing so results in anti-for no cost cards such as Entertainer of Stealing and Lying activating their effects.
When using a card that reduces the cost, if it reduces to a cost less than the amount of civilizations than the cost of the card has, it can be summoned by tapping addition cards in order to pay for the cards civilization. Previously excessive payment was not accepted, but this changed after July 15, 2015.
Notation of Lower Limit
- Most Cost Reduction cards have the notation of "They can't cost less than X". This cost is not always matching the type of card, and the cost may not always match the X.
- For example, a colorless cards lowest possible cost can be 0. However, Faerie Gift won't reduce the cost of colorless card that costs 3 to 0, as it includes "They can't cost less than 1" so a minimum of 1 must be paid.
- When using multiple cost reduction abilities at the same time, the higher number of the reduction takes precedent. For example, if you have both Cocco Lupia and Lupia Lapia in the battle zone. In this case, Cocco Lupia has priority on its ability of "They can't cost less than 2".
- This is because while the "reduce the cost of your dragon" is mandatory, "They can't cost less than 2" is treated as an ability. Even with the ability of Lupia Lapia combined, the limit that a card can be lowered is up to 2. For both "They can't cost less than 2" and "They can't cost less than 1" is satisfied, 2 must be paid.
- Depending on the card, some are written as "They can't cost X or less.".
- Prelude of Horror is written without a lower limited written as a notation, but the card is unable to have a negative number as a cost.
- In the case of Yosakoi, Leader of Spirits (Your Unknown and Zenith creatures may each cost 1 less to summon. They can't cost less than 1.) where there are 2 or more target characteristics (such as a race), creatures with those characteristics are reduced to the amount of applicable attributes. For example, Lionel, Zenith of "Ore" with both the Unknown and Zenith race is reduced by 2.
- On the contrary, some cards have the ability to increase costs, such as Fuuma Gorgonshack.
- It is commonly expressed as "Cost Increase", or "weighting" as an antonym of "mitigation".
- Cost Reduction is often used as a requirement for loop deck types. It is heavily featured in Mono-Nature Loop decks such as "Ragmal loop" and Mono-Nature Sasoris.
- The effect of changing the Mana Number has a similar effect
- This is seen on cards such as Heracles, Birther of Gods.
List of popular Cost Reduction cards
|Card:||What it reduces/Amount:||Notation:|
|Essence Elf||Spell, 1||1|
|Cocco Lupia||Dragon, 2||2|
|Cocco Gett, Dragment Lore|| Command Dragon, 2 |
■ Requires Mana Arms: 3
|Kirino Giant||Giant, 2||1|
|Ashliger, Holy Dark Beast||Angel Command / Demon Command, 2||1|
|Rescue Space, Emergency Mecha||Great Mecha King, 2||1|
|Faerie Gift|| Any creature for a turn, 3 |
■ However, since the spell costs 1 to cast, the actual amount reduced is 2.
|Scramble Change|| The next Fire Dragon, 5 |
■ However, since the spell costs 3 to cast, it actually reduced by 2. The dragon also gets "speed attacker".
|Prelude of Horror|| Colorless creature, 5 |
■ However, since the spell costs 3 to cast, the actual amount reduced is 2
|Messa Danjiri Dragon||Unknown and Zenith, 1||1|
|Straight, Fighting Ogre||Human evolution creature, 2||1|
|Aqua Evoluter cycle||Evolution creatures of their respective civilization, 1||1|
|Franz the 1st, the Ice Fang||Spells, 1||1|
|Mamocannon, Saint Mecha||Water/Nature, 1||1|
|Maxval, Electro-Fuuma||Darkness, 1||1|
|Deepsea Mecha Ganistar||Allied civilization creature, 1||1|
|Mobile Forest||Any creature, 1||1|
|Mil Armor, Mecha King Vizier||Spells, 1||1|
|Parasking, Revolution Invasionkind|| Creatures, 5 |
■ Requires Revolution 2
| Euru=Bucca, Mystery Gathering Ruins |
Rejiru=Euru=Bucca, Mystery Ruinskind
| Nature creature, 1 |
Any creatures, 2
|Start Dash cycle||First creature of their respective civilization each turn, 1||1|
|Rainbow Dash cycle||First creature of their respective civilizations each turn, 1||1|
| First Squad cycle |
| All creatures of their respective race, 1 |
■ Unlike the Start Dash cycle, there is no limit on the number of creatures each turn that can have their cost reduced.
|Gale Vesper of Heavenly Winds||Each creatures in your hand gets "Double Sympathy: Creatures that have power 12000 or more"||2x #|
Awaken ● Battle ● Block ● Break ● Cast ● Charge ● Cross
Destroy ● Discard ● Dragsolution ● Expand ● Forbidden Liberate
Fortify ● Gachinko Judge ● Generate ● Gacharange Summon ● Link ● Reveal ● Seal
Search ● Shuffle ● Summon ● Switch ● Tap ● Trigger ● Upside Down ● Use
Ability ● Artist ● Card Illustration ● Card Name ● Card Number
Card Rarity ● Card Type ● Cost ● Civilization ● Mana Cost ● Mana Number
Power ● Race ● Soul ● Subtype ● Summon Cost ● Supertype
D2 Field ● DG Field ● Dragheart Creature ● Dragheart Fortress ● Dragheart Weapon
Evolution Creature ● Evolution Cross Gear ● Evolution Exile Creature ● Exile Creature
Final Forbidden Creature ● Final Forbidden Field ● Forbidden Core ● Forbidden Creature
Forbidden Field ● Forbidden Impulse ● Gacharange Creature ● Happiness Field
Moonless Night Field ● Neo Creature ● Neo Evolution Creature ● Orega Aura
Psychic Creature ● Psychic Evolution Creature ● Psychic Super Creature ● Twinpact
Ceremony of Zeron ● Zeron Creature ● Zeron Nebula
Super Deck Zero Duel ● Start Deck Champion Finals
Adds Civilization ● Adds Race ● Alternate Win ● Alternative Cost
Attack Bend ● Basic Card ● Cantrip ● Card Discard ● Chump Block
Cost Reduction ● Deck Manipulation ● Degenerate ● Diamond State
Draw Engine ● Draw Lock ● Draw Source ● Draw Spell
Extra Turn ● Finisher ● Graveyard Fertilizer ● Graveyard Summon
Hand Addition ● Hand Change ● Increase Power
Infinite ● Infinite Attacker ● Infinite Blocker
Mana Acceleration ● Mana Burn ● Mana Curve ● Mana Summon
Opponent Reliance ● Peeping ● Prevents Attack ● Prevents Defeat
Reset ● Resistance ● Reverse Fury Charge ● Reverse Slayer ● Shield Addition
Shield Burn ● Shield Change ● Shield Peek
Suicide ● Skip the rest of the turn ● Trample
Unattackable ● Unblockable ● Unchoosable
Vigilance ● Win All Battles ● 3D Dragsolution
Blocker Based Removal ● Bounce ● Can Attack Untapped Creatures
Card Based Removal ● Decrease Power ● Fixed Removal ● Force Battle ● Mass Removal
Power Based Removal ● Reset ● Sealing ● Self Removal ● Tap In ● Tap and Destroy
4 or more of this card in your deck ● Activation Cost ● Additional Cost ● Attacking Creature
Can't be destroyed ● Choose a race ● Color Accident ● Concept ● Consists of ● Counter
Dead Card ● Deck Building ● Deck Compression ● Designer's Combo ● Evolution Icon
Evolution Source ● Face Up ● Forced ● Gacha Figure ● Game
Game Table ● Key Card ● Limited Card ● Mode ● Name Rule ● Optional ● Overkill
Play ● Power Creep ● Psychic Cost ● Quasi-Vanilla ● Real Cost ● Repair
Rock-Paper-Scissors ● Stop ● System Creature ● The Over Eggplant-cross
Touch ● Trivia card ● Twinpactification