| Continuous Effect |
継続的効果 (Keizoku-teki Kōka)
Cards that give others an ability are often referred to as "Grants". It is the opposite of a "Oneshot Effect".
Examples of Continuous Effect
- Duel Me! - Increasing power and preventing attack. (Resolving a Spell)
- Kiryu Jilves, Gaia's Roar - Giving "Slayer", "Speed Attacker" and "Destruction Substitution" effect (Resolving Trigger Ability)
- Totto Pipicchi - Giving "Speed Attacker" (Static Ability)
- Cocco Lupia - Cost Reduction (Static Ability)
The continuing effect of changing the characteristic has a different range of the cards it influences depending on the type of ability that generate it.
- In the case of Spells or Trigger Abilities, only the cards that were present at the time of the resolution are affected.
- In the case of a Static Ability, the timing of cards affected is not a fixed range, and any cards can be effected during the duration of the ability.
For example, Tailspin Slash only gives the Speed Attacker ability to creatures in the battle zone when you cast it. This is also true for Kiryu Jilves, Gaia's Roar that only gives the abilities to creatures in the battle zone at the time the Trigger Ability resolves. However, Sky Jet can give the ability to creatures that enter the battle zone after it's played.
The continuous effect that refers to a card type is ended if the object within the range of the effect is changed.
- Q.E.D. Plus, Final Dragon Logic was affected by Prin Prin, the Victorious. It then became a fortress instead of leaving the battle zone when destroyed. If it dragsolutions back into its Q.E.D Plus side, it would be able to attack.
- If a creature that had summoning sickness had its attack restricted by Prin Prin, the Victorious was sealed, but its seal was then removed, its considered to have been recovered from the battle zone, and is able to attack.
- Batorai Bushin, Blazing Deluxe was given Speed Attacker by Katsuemon Buster, Blade 3. It then lost the ability after it became a Fortress using its Dragon Evade ability. If it dragsolutions again this turn, it would be unable to attack.
Objects are treated as new objects when they move between zones. Therefore, even if an object represented by the same card is put in and out of zone, the continuous effect which refers to that object before the card moved can't refer to the object after the moment.
- Goemonkey! Snake-Handed Boss: If you summoned a creature that was able to be Mana Summoned, you would be unable to summon it again,
- Emergency Typhoon / Flesh-to-Spirit Conversion: If you discard a card from your hand that you drew with a card such as Emergency Typhoon after casting Flesh-to-Spirit Conversion, it won't be put into your mana zone. If you discarded a card that was already in your hand, it is put into your mana zone.
Cases where you can't refer to a player doesn't exist unless that player was to lose the game. Therefore, the continuous effect that affects a player always remains valid during the duration.
- Even if Galamuta, Matchless Fear Lord is removed from the battle zone, neither player can use "shield triggers", even if the shield is added after the Galamuta attack.
- Even if it's a spell added to the shields after using Rafululu, Sound Faerie or Miracle Stop, it can't be cast during the turn.
- Even if it's a creature that costs 7 or less left the zone after the Final Revolution of Miradante Twelve, Time Pope, it can't be summoned.
- Even if it's a D2 Field that is put into the battle zone without being expanded, it can't use the Denjera Switch ability during the effect of World Stop.
- If Reality Void is active, then Upheaval can't be used to move cards from the mana zone to the hand.
A single ability may have multiple effect ranges.
- Shuff, Eureka places a continuous effect "on your opponent" that prevents spells being cast, while also affecting "your opponents creatures" themselves from attacking or blocking.
Part of the continuing effects is the Substitution Effect.
Continuous effects that affect rules that aren't substitution effects are applied from the moment they are played, but the substitution effect is only applied when the substitution event occurs during the duration.
When there are 2 continuous effects that "prevent an action" and "permit an action" overlap, the ability that prevents takes precedence, regardless of the order the effects were created.
- Example) Alphadios, Lord of Spirits and Hades, Emperor of Death exist at the same time. In this case, you can't summon non-Light creatures from the graveyard.
Effects and Abilities
- Oneshot Effect
- Continuous Effect
- Static Ability
- Trigger Ability
- Activated Ability
- Spell Ability
Awaken ● Battle ● Block ● Break ● Cast ● Charge ● Cross
Destroy ● Discard ● Dragsolution ● Expand ● Forbidden Liberate
Fortify ● Gachinko Judge ● Generate ● Gacharange Summon ● Link ● Reveal ● Seal
Search ● Shuffle ● Summon ● Switch ● Tap ● Trigger ● Upside Down ● Use
Ability ● Artist ● Card Illustration ● Card Name ● Card Number
Card Rarity ● Card Type ● Cost ● Civilization ● Mana Cost ● Mana Number
Power ● Race ● Soul ● Subtype ● Summon Cost ● Supertype
D2 Field ● DG Field ● Dragheart Creature ● Dragheart Fortress ● Dragheart Weapon
Evolution Creature ● Evolution Cross Gear ● Evolution Exile Creature ● Exile Creature
Final Forbidden Creature ● Final Forbidden Field ● Forbidden Core ● Forbidden Creature
Forbidden Field ● Forbidden Impulse ● Gacharange Creature ● Happiness Field
Moonless Night Field ● Neo Creature ● Neo Evolution Creature ● Orega Aura
Psychic Creature ● Psychic Evolution Creature ● Psychic Super Creature ● Twinpact
Ceremony of Zeron ● Zeron Creature ● Zeron Nebula
Super Deck Zero Duel ● Start Deck Champion Finals
Adds Civilization ● Adds Race ● Alternate Win ● Alternative Cost
Attack Bend ● Basic Card ● Cantrip ● Card Discard ● Chump Block
Cost Reduction ● Deck Manipulation ● Degenerate ● Diamond State
Draw Engine ● Draw Lock ● Draw Source ● Draw Spell
Extra Turn ● Finisher ● Graveyard Fertilizer ● Graveyard Summon
Hand Addition ● Hand Change ● Increase Power
Infinite ● Infinite Attacker ● Infinite Blocker
Mana Acceleration ● Mana Burn ● Mana Curve ● Mana Summon
Opponent Reliance ● Peeping ● Prevents Attack ● Prevents Defeat
Reset ● Resistance ● Reverse Fury Charge ● Reverse Slayer ● Shield Addition
Shield Burn ● Shield Change ● Shield Peek
Suicide ● Skip the rest of the turn ● Trample
Unattackable ● Unblockable ● Unchoosable
Vigilance ● Win All Battles ● 3D Dragsolution
Blocker Based Removal ● Bounce ● Can Attack Untapped Creatures
Card Based Removal ● Decrease Power ● Fixed Removal ● Force Battle ● Mass Removal
Power Based Removal ● Reset ● Sealing ● Self Removal ● Tap In ● Tap and Destroy
4 or more of this card in your deck ● Activation Cost ● Additional Cost ● Attacking Creature
Can't be destroyed ● Choose a race ● Color Accident ● Concept ● Consists of ● Counter
Dead Card ● Deck Building ● Deck Compression ● Designer's Combo ● Evolution Icon
Evolution Source ● Face Up ● Forced ● Gacha Figure ● Game
Game Table ● Key Card ● Limited Card ● Mode ● Name Rule ● Optional ● Overkill
Play ● Power Creep ● Psychic Cost ● Quasi-Vanilla ● Real Cost ● Repair
Rock-Paper-Scissors ● Stop ● System Creature ● The Over Eggplant-cross
Touch ● Trivia card ● Twinpactification