| Complete Upgrade |
(Kanzen Jōi Gokan)
Complete Upgrade refers to cards that are considered to be strictly better than other cards.
This can be in terms of effect (Often same or stronger), cost (same or lower) and power (same or higher). They also always have the same race as their complete downgrade counterparts as races can often cause a creature to be undermined by effects such as VAN Beethoven, Zenith of "Shura".
Twinpact cards with a creature side strictly better than another non-twinpact creature are considered a complete upgrade. This is also true Twinpact cards with a spell side identical to another spell card are also considered a complete upgrade.
- This can be seen on cards such as Kingdom Ohkabuto / Gouhaten Tsukumogatari > Kingdom Ohkabuto or Mad Demon Excellency / Demon Hand > Demon Hand.
- Bolshack Yamato Dragon > Bolshack Dragon
- Quattro Fang, Super Gang Leader > Fighter Dual Fang
- Astral Super Reef > Astral Warper
- Super Spell Great Blue, the Blue Tide > Spell Great Blue, Blue Divine Dragon
- Scale of Bravery and Love > Explosive Swordplay, Sweltering Heat Tricks > Crimson Hammer
- Codename Orewaleo > Hanusa, Radiance Elemental
- Dueangel, Nine Extremes > Syrius, Firmament Elemental
- One of the reason why Phoenix Saga is unpopular among players is because that it did not have much cards that are outclassing other cards. Due to this, God Apex Saga had lots of complete upgrades such as Bolshack Yamato Dragon and Diamond Sword.
- Creatures that have better effects, and power, but are of different civilizations are not complete upgrades as civilizations have differences in their tactics. (Such as Vampire Silphy and Mega Magma Dragon.) The same goes for creatures with 1 civilization compared to creatures with multiple civilizations due to their different mana requirements. (Such as Perfect Earth, Planetary Dragon and Lionel, Zenith of "Ore".)
- Vanilla creatures are not complete downgrades of creatures with effects as they get support from Matsurida Wasshoi, Aqua Teacher and among other cards that support them. However, creatures such as Poisonous Dahlia and Steel Smasher are downgrades of vanilla cards due to their attacking limits.
- Holy Awe is now no longer a complete downgrade to other Spark spells since it can now be used by Alca Kid, Holy Elemental to send out Lord of Spirits evolution creatures.