| Cell |
They are considered to be the parts that make up a creature.
This card type is not printed on a card, and is only referred to for use by other abilities such as Psychic Link or Super Dragsolution. These abilities allow you to combine multiple creatures and flip them over into a single creature. Unlike the cells themselves, creatures made by the cell-to-cell links can differ in card types and have characteristics such as a Card Name, an Ability or Cost.
The cell has no characteristics, other than that it is a spell. Therefore, it has no card name, cost or ability. Originally it had a civilization, but this was changed in the July 15, 2015 rule updates.
- Even if Universe Lapia is in the battle zone which gives the Phoenix race to each card, it can't give a subtype to a cell. However, after the Psychic Link, the race can be added to the Psychic Creature. This is also true for All Over The World, Supreme True Dragon Soul after the Super Dragsolution has been completed.
Card Removal cards that target "cards" instead of "creatures" such as Lance of Tonginus can be effective against cells. After a single cell card has been removed from the battle zone, the rest of the card can't stay in the battle zone in an incomplete form, so the remainder of the cards must be removed.
- This is also true for cells that have been flipped into by Sword Saint Jigen, Awoken Dragon World, and they must be returned to your hyperspatial zone.
If a card removal card such as Hero Mystery, Burning Galaxy was to refer to the mana cost of the cell itself, it is treated as 0 for convenience.
- As previously mentioned, cells originally only civilization as a characteristic (other than their card type itself). After the Duel Masters General Game Rules was established on July 15, 2015, it was decided that they now have no civilization, as it created confusion in handling deck building for the Monocolored Tournament events. Two announcements were given regarding this change.
May 8, 2015
- Cells are treated as colorless as they don't have a civilization. Therefore, they are prohibited in use for the Monocolored Tournament events as they can't match the civilization as the rest of your deck.
July 15, 2015
- Cells are treated as colorless as they don't have a civilization. However, for the Monocolored Tournament events, only the back of psychic super creatures being the same civilization as the deck are allowed. For example, the backside of Gaial King Dragon, Raging Dragon Lord is the same Fire Civilization as Gaial Kaiser, and may be used in these events if a monocolored fire civilization deck was chosen.
Awaken ● Battle ● Block ● Break ● Cast ● Charge ● Cross
Destroy ● Discard ● Dragsolution ● Expand ● Forbidden Liberate
Fortify ● Gachinko Judge ● Generate ● Gacharange Summon ● Link ● Reveal ● Seal
Search ● Shuffle ● Summon ● Switch ● Tap ● Trigger ● Upside Down ● Use
Ability ● Artist ● Card Illustration ● Card Name ● Card Number
Card Rarity ● Card Type ● Cost ● Civilization ● Mana Cost ● Mana Number
Power ● Race ● Soul ● Subtype ● Summon Cost ● Supertype
D2 Field ● DG Field ● Dragheart Creature ● Dragheart Fortress ● Dragheart Weapon
Evolution Creature ● Evolution Cross Gear ● Evolution Exile Creature ● Exile Creature
Final Forbidden Creature ● Final Forbidden Field ● Forbidden Core ● Forbidden Creature
Forbidden Field ● Forbidden Impulse ● Gacharange Creature ● Happiness Field
Moonless Night Field ● Neo Creature ● Neo Evolution Creature ● Orega Aura
Psychic Creature ● Psychic Evolution Creature ● Psychic Super Creature ● Twinpact
Super Deck Zero Duel ● Start Deck Champion Finals
Adds Civilization ● Adds Race ● Alternate Win ● Alternative Cost
Attack Bend ● Basic Card ● Cantrip ● Card Discard ● Chump Block
Cost Reduction ● Deck Manipulation ● Degenerate ● Diamond State
Draw Engine ● Draw Lock ● Draw Source ● Draw Spell
Extra Turn ● Finisher ● Graveyard Fertilizer ● Graveyard Summon
Hand Addition ● Hand Change ● Increase Power
Infinite ● Infinite Attacker ● Infinite Blocker
Mana Acceleration ● Mana Burn ● Mana Curve ● Mana Summon
Opponent Reliance ● Peeping ● Prevents Attack ● Prevents Defeat
Reset ● Resistance ● Reverse Fury Charge ● Reverse Slayer ● Shield Addition
Shield Burn ● Shield Change ● Shield Peek
Suicide ● Skip the rest of the turn ● Trample
Unattackable ● Unblockable ● Unchoosable
Vigilance ● Win All Battles ● 3D Dragsolution
Blocker Based Removal ● Bounce ● Can Attack Untapped Creatures
Card Based Removal ● Decrease Power ● Fixed Removal ● Force Battle ● Mass Removal
Power Based Removal ● Reset ● Sealing ● Self Removal ● Tap In ● Tap and Destroy
4 or more of this card in your deck ● Activation Cost ● Additional Cost ● Attacking Creature
Can't be destroyed ● Choose a race ● Color Accident ● Concept ● Consists of ● Counter
Dead Card ● Deck Building ● Deck Compression ● Designer's Combo ● Evolution Icon
Evolution Source ● Face Up ● Forced ● Gacha Figure ● Game
Game Table ● Key Card ● Limited Card ● Mode ● Name Rule ● Optional ● Overkill
Play ● Power Creep ● Psychic Cost ● Quasi-Vanilla ● Real Cost ● Repair
Rock-Paper-Scissors ● Stop ● System Creature ● The Over Eggplant-cross
Touch ● Trivia card ● Twinpactification