| Card Frame |
新枠 (New Frame)
旧枠 (Old Frame)
The following is an illustration detailing the various characteristics of a card.
A card can contain the following features:
- Card Name – The card name is on the top center of the frame.
- Cost – This number, on the top left of the card shows how much mana you will need to tap to be able to play the card.
- Race – The race of a creature is found under the card name. Creatures are grouped into various races, such as Armored Dragon, Angel Command or Beast Folk
- Text – The text between the card type and power lets you know what abilities as well as Keywords or Ability Words the card may have.
- Card Type - The card type of a card is indicated on the middle left of the frame.
- Artist - The artist of the cards artwork is indicated on the middle right of the frame.
- Power – This number, seen on the bottom left of the frame which only appears on creature card types, indicates the creatures power. The higher this number, the stronger the creature is in battling against other creatures.
- Mana Number - This number, seen at the bottom center of the frame is an upside-down number that indicates how much mana that card is worth while in the mana zone.
- Card Rarity – The symbol indicates the level of rarity.
- Common — a plain circle.
- Uncommon — a diamond shape.
- Rare — a star.
- Very Rare — a circle with a star in the middle.
- Super Rare — four squares put together to shape a diamond.
(The following card rarities are exclusive to the Japanese game.)
- Victory Rare — A stylized V. Like a super rare, the artwork of a victory rare card exceeds the artwork frame, and in later sets, feature full frame artwork.
- Double Victory — Cards with this rarity have 2 stylized V on their card frame.
- Legend Rare — A sun symbol.
- Master Rare - A white text block with MAS in black text.
- Forbidden Legend Rare - An X with the "LEGEND" written in forbidden text.
- 秘 / ㊙ Secret Rare — The kanji character for "Secret". This rarity rarely appears on cards.