| Card Based Removal |
カード指定除去 (Kādo Shitei Jokyo)
| Water / Spell |
■ Choose a card in the battle zone that costs 6 or less and return it to its owner's hand.
Because card based removal doesn't specify a card type, it is more versatile than regular forms of removal.
For example, in the case of Lance of Tonginus, you may choose any card in the battle zone, mana zone, or shields and put it on the bottom of the deck. You can target cross gear, fortress, creature and weapons, so a wide range of cards can be dealt with.
It is important to be able to remove fortresses since they were impossible to remove before Dragon Saga.
However, they also provide unique weakness in comparison to other forms of removals. These include devolving Evolution Creatures with potentially lethal bait or dragging out Dokindam X, The Legendary Forbidden, although the latter can be used for the player's advantage.
- When you can choose a card in a zone, you can choose any card in that zone regardless of card type unless it is Unchoosable.
- When you refer to cards in the battle zone, you may choose creatures, cross gear, weapons, fortresses, cells, impulses, seals and fields.
- When you refer to cards in the zone, you may choose the shields or the castles fortify them.
- It is a stronger choice to remove the fortified shield itself rather than the castle. However, if you wish to remove the castle of a shield affected by shield plus, it is better to choose the castle.
- When you choose an evolution creature, Psychic Super Creature or another object composed of multiple cards with the effect of card based removal, only a single card is removed.
- After the ruling change of January 17, 2014, the treatment of "card" in the text was changed. When choosing an object in the battle zone or shield zone, instead of all cards in the object moving, only the specified number of cards is moved.
- In the case of evolution creatures, one card is removed from the stack of creatures constituting an evolution creature.
- For example, you could remove the top of an evolution creature, or the evolution source.
- When you remove the top card, the creature leaves regardless whether the evolution source remains or not. When its put into a graveyard, it will be treated as being destroyed.
- If the evolution source remains in the battle zone, the evolution source separate into separate creatures. The number of creatures that may remain in the battle zone is up to the number of the evolution sources you originally needed for that evolution creature. For example, a Vortex evolution creature lets you leave 2 creatures.
- Since the evolution source isn't treated as a creature, if you remove them from the battle zone, even if you put it into a graveyard, it isn't counted as being destroyed.
- Normally, when under an evolution creature the card is treated as not being in the battle zone and the evolution source loses all characteristics, including card type, but when a card specifies cards present in the battle zone, they may be chosen. The mana cost can be referred to as well.
- In a linked god, the specified God is directly removed.
- This unlinks the God Link of the 2 gods.
- If a God Linked god is removed by regular removal, then owner can decide which God would leave the battle zone. In the case of card based removal, the removed card is the chosen object, and the target can't be changed.
- These cards are treated as creatures as they leave play.
Psychic Super Creatures
- For Psychic Super Creatures, they are removed as a single psychic cell.
- As a creature, you can't use the Link Release ability.
- Since the remaining psychic cells can't be saved by the Link Release ability, they remain in the battle zone as psychic cells. However, they can't remain the battle zone, so immediately follow into the hyperspatial zone.
- This allows you to remove an entire psychic creature with only a single card based removal. These cards are not treated as creatures when they leave play.
- In the case of an effect referring to a cost such as Luna Mystery Mansion, it refers to the cost that appears on the singular card, not the cost of the entire object.
- It is important to remember that evolution sources and psychic cells aren't handled as creatures.
- In the case of regular removal such as Terror Pit or Aqua Surfer, the stack of cards in an evolution creature are treated as a single creature. When they would move to a zone other than the battle zone, it moves together with each evolution source underneath it, and is then separated into separate cards at the destination.
- In the shield zone, one card is able to consist of multiple shield zones, but when an evolution creature is moved from the battle zone to the shield zone, they become independent cards. Evolution creatures are generally excluded from Shield Feed effects however, and this only applies to uncommon cards such as Vibros Heaven, Lord of Dragon Spiritsor Celestial Arc.
- Seals can be with or without a cost restriction. This is because they are treated as a card with a cost of 0 in the battle zone.
- However, creatures that are sealed are ignored and treated as not being in the battle zone, so sealed creatures aren't affected by card based removal.
- If a card such as an impulse is sealed, it's not ignored and can be chosen.
- The rules change allowed various Degenerate strategies to form, based on Senju Splash.
- Dragon Saga began to add various Card Based Removal into the game. This allowed players to deal with Fortress cards that can't be dealt with by regular removal. This was also similar to the previous cross gear card type that had limited form of removal options compared to creatures.
- The Darkness Civilization was commonly known for its destroy removal, and due to this, received very little form of Card Based Removal.
List of Card Based Removal
Extension:DynamicPageList (DPL), version 2.3.0 : Warning: No results.
Awaken ● Battle ● Block ● Break ● Cast ● Charge ● Cross
Destroy ● Discard ● Dragsolution ● Expand ● Forbidden Liberate
Fortify ● Gachinko Judge ● Generate ● Gacharange Summon ● Link ● Reveal ● Seal
Search ● Shuffle ● Summon ● Switch ● Tap ● Trigger ● Upside Down ● Use
Ability ● Artist ● Card Illustration ● Card Name ● Card Number
Card Rarity ● Card Type ● Cost ● Civilization ● Mana Cost ● Mana Number
Power ● Race ● Soul ● Subtype ● Summon Cost ● Supertype
D2 Field ● DG Field ● DM Field
Dragheart Creature ● Dragheart Fortress ● Dragheart Weapon
Evolution Creature ● Evolution Cross Gear
Evolution Dragheart Creature ● Evolution Exile Creature ● Evolution Psychic Creature
Exile Creature ● Final Forbidden Creature ● Final Forbidden Field ● Forbidden Core ● Forbidden Creature
Forbidden Field ● Forbidden Impulse ● Gacharange Creature ● Happiness Field ● Moonless Night Field
Mono Artifact ● Neo Creature ● Neo Evolution Creature ● Neo Gacharange Creature ● Orega Aura
Psychic Creature ● Psychic Field ● Psychic Super Creature
T2 Field ● Ceremony of Zeron ● Zeron Creature ● Zeron Nebula
Common ● Uncommon ● Rare ● Very Rare ● Super Rare
Victory Rare ● Double Victory
Legend Card ● Forbidden Legend Card ● Final Forbidden Legend Card
Master Card ● DG Rare ● Master Dragon Card ● Master Dolszak Card
Master Hazard Card ● Master Special Move Card ● Master Zetto Card
Secret Rare ● Ultra Golden Card
Super Deck Zero Duel ● Start Deck Champion Finals
Adds Civilization ● Adds Race ● Alternate Win ● Alternative Cost
Attack Bend ● Basic Card ● Cantrip ● Card Discard ● Chump Block
Cost Reduction ● Deck Manipulation ● Degenerate ● Diamond State
Draw Engine ● Draw Lock ● Draw Source ● Draw Spell
Extra Turn ● Finisher ● Graveyard Fertilizer ● Graveyard Summon
Hand Addition ● Hand Change ● Increase Power
Infinite ● Infinite Attacker ● Infinite Blocker
Mana Acceleration ● Mana Burn ● Mana Curve ● Mana Summon
Opponent Reliance ● Peeping ● Prevents Attack ● Prevents Defeat
Reset ● Resistance ● Reverse Fury Charge ● Reverse Slayer ● Shield Addition
Shield Burn ● Shield Change ● Shield Peek
Suicide ● Skip the rest of the turn ● Trample
Unattackable ● Unblockable ● Unchoosable
Vigilance ● Win All Battles ● 3D Dragsolution
Cards that can be put into the Battle Zone at the start of the game
Blocker Based Removal ● Bounce ● Can Attack Untapped Creatures
Card Based Removal ● Decrease Power ● Fixed Removal ● Force Battle ● Mass Removal
Power Based Removal ● Reset ● Sealing ● Self Removal ● Tap In ● Tap and Destroy
4 or more of this card in your deck ● Activation Cost ● Additional Cost ● Attacking Creature
Can't be destroyed ● Choose a race ● Color Accident ● Concept ● Consists of ● Counter
Dead Card ● Deck Building ● Deck Compression ● Designer's Combo ● Evolution Icon
Evolution Source ● Face Up ● Forced ● Gacha Figure ● Game
Game Table ● Key Card ● Limited Card ● Mode ● Name Rule ● Optional ● Overkill
Play ● Power Creep ● Psychic Cost ● Quasi-Vanilla ● Real Cost ● Repair
Rock-Paper-Scissors ● Stop ● System Creature ● The Over Eggplant-cross
Touch ● Trivia card ● Twinpactification