DM-01 Base Set (OCG)
DM-01 Base Set
Whenever one of your opponent's creatures attacks you or one of your other creatures than the blocker itself, you are able to tap one of your creatures that has the "Blocker" ability to be attacked instead, blocking the attack. The two creatures then battle each other.
Note that being a blocker is not always a good thing to creatures as sometimes it makes them easier to destroy and become susceptible to Blocked based removal cards.
"Diamond State" cards can allow creatures that have Blocker and/or cannot attack players or attack at all to attack.
Each civilization features key differences with its creatures that have a blocker ability. These include;
- Light — Has the most amount of creatures with the ability. Their lower powered creatures often can't attack players.
- Water — Their creatures often can't attack at all and those who are able to attack feature low power.
- Darkness — While creatures that have the blocker ability are less numerous, they often have the Slayer ability as well. Some also have higher than usual power but are destroyed when they win a battle. A few are able to still attack but feature low power.
There is only one monocolored creature with the Blocker ability that exists in the Nature Civilization; Supernova Bigbang Anastasis. This is likely due to it evolving from 2 races shared by the Light civilization.
The latest reminder text for Blocker reads:
|Blocker (You may tap this creature to change the attack target of your opponent's creature to this creature.)|
The previous reminder text for Blocker read:
|Blocker (Whenever an opponent's creature attacks, you may tap this creature to stop the attack. Then the 2 creatures battle.)|
The DM-01 Base Set wording of this ability used "when" instead of "whenever".
|Water / Creature |
■ This creature can't attack.
Cards with the Blocker ability
Cards that give creatures the Blocker ability
Main Card Types
Other Card Types
- For a full list of cards that support creatures that have Blocker, see here.
- Q: Can I block with a creature on my opponents turn the turn after my creature is summoned?
- A: Yes. Blocking isn't affected by summoning sickness.
- Q: Is a tapped creature able to block?
- A: No. The blocker must be untapped in order to block.
- For cards that give your creatures the Blocker ability, see here.
- For creatures that have the Blocker ability conditionally, see here.
Double Breaker ● Triple Breaker ● Quattro Breaker ● World Breaker
Deck evolution ● Mad Deck evolution
Graveyard evolution ● Graveyard Vortex evolution
Graveyard Galaxy Vortex evolution ● Galaxy Vortex evolution Omega
Hand evolution ● Hand Vortex evolution
Mana evolution ● Mana Vortex evolution
Mana Galaxy Vortex evolution ● Neo Evolution
Super Infinite evolution ● Super Infinite Graveyard evolution ● Super Infinite evolution Omega
Ultimate evolution ● Ultimate evolution MAX
Vortex evolution ● Galaxy Vortex evolution
Ore evolution ● Pack evolution (DMX-22)
Shield evolution ● Super Infinite Gacharange evolution ● Super Infinite Graveyard Spell evolution (DMEX-08)