It is commonly also known as "Ad" for short, and the advantage is often referred to as X (your cards) : y (your opponent's card).
There are multiple forms of Advantage.
- Hand Advantage: Based on the number of cards in your hand
- Mana Advantage: Based on the number of cards in your mana zone.
- Field Advantage: Based on the number and quality of creatures in the battle zone.
- Tempo Advantage: Based on the time you will win the game.
- Information Advantage: Based on the information of your opponent's hand.
As an example of Advantage, see the following card; Skeleton Vice.
|Darkness/ Spell |
■ Your opponent discards 2 cards at random from his hand.
- 1) You cast Skeleton Vice
- 2) Your opponent discards 2 cards from his hand.
- 3) You used 1 card, and your opponent lost 2 cards, so there is a 1:2 advantage.
As a result, if you gain a larger difference than your opponent, you can claim that "advantage was taken". In order to win games, you often wish to take as many possible actions to obtain advantage over your opponent, with cards that have powerful Come Into Play abilities which can exchange an advantage rate of 1:2 or better often ranked highly in the metagame.
How often and how quickly a player can gain an advantage is the key to deciding most games.
- Losing advantage over your opponent is known as disadvantage.
- Depending on the situation, even if you have a large number of cards over your opponent, you may not actually have advantage, if the cards are unusable (either by a limited number of cards in your mana zone, or your opponents effects preventing them from being cast or summoned).
- Reset is the ability to return the advantage of a specific zone (usually the battle zone) back to 0, affecting the player with the advantage quite negatively.
- Cards of this nature that cause too much advantage are often put into the Hall of Fame. This can be seen in Draw Source, Mana Acceleration and Card Discard.
Awaken ● Battle ● Block ● Break ● Cast ● Charge ● Cross
Destroy ● Discard ● Dragsolution ● Expand ● Forbidden Liberate
Fortify ● Gachinko Judge ● Generate ● Gacharange Summon ● Link ● Reveal ● Seal
Search ● Shuffle ● Summon ● Switch ● Tap ● Trigger ● Upside Down ● Use
Ability ● Artist ● Card Illustration ● Card Name ● Card Number
Card Rarity ● Card Type ● Cost ● Civilization ● Mana Cost ● Mana Number
Power ● Race ● Soul ● Subtype ● Summon Cost ● Supertype
Dragheart Creature ● Dragheart Fortress ● Dragheart Weapon
Evolution Creature ● Evolution Cross Gear
Evolution Dragheart Creature ● Evolution Exile Creature ● Evolution Psychic Creature
Exile Creature ● Final Forbidden Creature ● Final Forbidden Field ● Forbidden Core ● Forbidden Creature
Forbidden Field ● Forbidden Impulse ● Gacharange Creature ● Happiness Field ● Moonless Night Field
Mono Artifact ● Neo Creature ● Neo Evolution Creature ● Neo Gacharange Creature ● Orega Aura
Psychic Creature ● Psychic Field ● Psychic Super Creature
T2 Field ● Ceremony of Zeron ● Zeron Creature ● Zeron Nebula
Super Deck Zero Duel ● Start Deck Champion Finals
Adds Civilization ● Adds Race ● Alternate Win ● Alternative Cost
Attack Bend ● Basic Card ● Cantrip ● Card Discard ● Chump Block
Cost Reduction ● Deck Manipulation ● Degenerate ● Diamond State
Draw Engine ● Draw Lock ● Draw Source ● Draw Spell
Extra Turn ● Finisher ● Graveyard Fertilizer ● Graveyard Summon
Hand Addition ● Hand Change ● Increase Power
Infinite ● Infinite Attacker ● Infinite Blocker
Mana Acceleration ● Mana Burn ● Mana Curve ● Mana Summon
Opponent Reliance ● Peeping ● Prevents Attack ● Prevents Defeat
Reset ● Resistance ● Reverse Fury Charge ● Reverse Slayer ● Shield Addition
Shield Burn ● Shield Change ● Shield Peek
Suicide ● Skip the rest of the turn ● Trample
Unattackable ● Unblockable ● Unchoosable
Vigilance ● Win All Battles ● 3D Dragsolution
Cards that can be put into the Battle Zone at the start of the game
Blocker Based Removal ● Bounce ● Can Attack Untapped Creatures
Card Based Removal ● Decrease Power ● Fixed Removal ● Force Battle ● Mass Removal
Power Based Removal ● Reset ● Sealing ● Self Removal ● Tap In ● Tap and Destroy
4 or more of this card in your deck ● Activation Cost ● Additional Cost ● Attacking Creature
Can't be destroyed ● Choose a race ● Color Accident ● Concept ● Consists of ● Counter
Dead Card ● Deck Building ● Deck Compression ● Designer's Combo ● Evolution Icon
Evolution Source ● Face Up ● Forced ● Gacha Figure ● Game
Game Table ● Hyperspatial Cost ● Key Card ● Limited Card ● Mode ● Name Rule
Optional ● Overkill ● Play ● Power Creep ● Quasi-Vanilla ● Real Cost ● Repair
Rock-Paper-Scissors ● Stop ● System Creature ● The Over Eggplant-cross
Touch ● Trivia card ● Twinpactification