| Activated Ability |
起動型能力 (Kidō-gata Nōryoku)
Triggering an effect at a specific time is similar to a Trigger Ability, however are optional on whether the cost is paid and the activation occurs (Once a Trigger Ability is triggered, it is necessary to resolve even if the effect is arbitrary).
Like trigger abilities, the activated ability doesn't create an effect until the activation is completed and the ability is resolved.
If the source of the activated ability has left the original game zone before the ability has resolved, it is still resolved even if it is moved between zones. For example, if the ability of Rikabu's Screwdriver is used while your opponent has a Necrodragon Zanjibar in the battle zone.
- In this case, after the tap ability is used, the power is immediately calculated, and Rikabu's Screwdriver is instantly destroyed. However, the creature that has "blocker" is still destroyed.
Although the effect sometimes requires cost, the ability to create that effect isn't treated as an activated ability unless it fits the above the above format. The activation cost is the cost for creating the effect, not the effect of the card itself.
Abilities that trigger when a creature attacks can't be used when attacks are restricted.
They can only be activated from creatures in the battle zone unless specifically mentioned otherwise.
Refer to "Activation" to see how the "Activation Cost" is handled.
- "When you are able to" is the most basic form of activated ability. If it's s trigger ability, it would become a situation trigger and become an infinite loop that first does not contain the moving of itself. A portion of abilities that work in the hand are activated abilities, starting with Bio K as an example, among others.
- There are very few activated abilities in comparison to other abilities, and are mostly designed as a trigger ability that has a cost.
List of Activated Abilities
- Tap Ability
- Silent Skill
- Bio Kick / Bio Tackle
- Specific Meteorburns
- The second ability of Bell Hell De Bran, Battle Reaper
- The third ability of Hyperspatial Gotsusan Hole
- Crossing a Cross Gear
Effects and Abilities
- Oneshot Effect
- Continuous Effect
- Static Ability
- Trigger Ability
- Activated Ability
- Spell Ability