Ability is a gameplay characteristic.
Most abilities are written as "CONDITION, effect".
The four types of abilities are written in a specific way;
- Static Ability: These cards tend to not write a duration for their ability (such as Nariel, the Oracle or Funk, Defender of Hope)
- Trigger Ability: These cards feature a "When" or "Whenever" to show how their abilities are induced when a specific game action occurs (such as "When you put this creature into the battle zone" or "Whenever this creature attacks".)
- Activated Ability: These cards have an ability that triggers if you pay a specific cost to their effect (Such as a Tap Ability where you must tap your creature, or Meteorburn where you must put a card under your evolution creature into your graveyard.)
- Spell Ability: A spell that is cast doesn't have a conditional clause, and is applied directly after the spell is cast.
In principle, an ability works in a single zone (usually the battle zone). However, many abilities can function outside the battle zone such as Necrodragon Guljeneraid, Hot Spring - Invincible Time and Mana Reburst. These abilities are specifically mentioned as working from your graveyard, hand, and mana zone respectively.
- The ability of creatures and cross gear function while they are in the battle zone. The text of "while this creature is in the battle zone" has been commonly omitted after the Holy Fist Saga block.
- Static Ability: "while this card is in the battle zone" is omitted and only included on a few cards.
- Triggered Ability: "while this card is in the battle zone" is omitted from the trigger conditions, and can generally be judged from the context that it triggers from other zones (such as Necrodragon Guljeneraid).
- Activated Ability: "while this card is in the battle zone" is omitted. However, this doesn't apply to spell cards that can be used from your hand.
- The abilities of castles only function while in your shield zone. This follows the same ability processing as a creature, cross gear or field in the battle zone.
- Spells only have a spell ability and are resolved at the time they are cast.
Certain ability names (keyword abilities or ability words) are sometimes specifically referred to have other abilities and have an important rule.
- Cards such as Heaven's Gate refer to non-evolution creatures that have the evergreen " Blocker" keyword.
- Final Revolution can only be used if you put the creature into the battle zone by a Revolution Change ability. It can't be used if you summon the creature by any other method.
- The=Deadbrachio, World Evil Dragonkind prevents your opponents cards from using Dragsolution on their Dragheart cards, preventing them from flipping to their stronger sides. However, as Sword Saint Jigen, Awoken Dragon World flips cards and doesn't mention the "Dragsolution" ability, it can be used to get past the lockdown ability of The-Deadbrachio.
- A creature without ability is known as Vanilla and is commonly given a low card evaluation due to its low impact given to the game state after its played.
- The abilities of an Active Player's cards have priority before your opponent's.
Awaken ● Battle ● Block ● Break ● Cast ● Charge ● Cross
Destroy ● Discard ● Dragsolution ● Expand ● Forbidden Liberate
Fortify ● Gachinko Judge ● Generate ● Gacharange Summon ● Link ● Reveal ● Seal
Search ● Shuffle ● Summon ● Switch ● Tap ● Trigger ● Upside Down ● Use
Ability ● Artist ● Card Illustration ● Card Name ● Card Number
Card Rarity ● Card Type ● Cost ● Civilization ● Mana Cost ● Mana Number
Power ● Race ● Soul ● Subtype ● Summon Cost ● Supertype
Dragheart Creature ● Dragheart Fortress ● Dragheart Weapon
Evolution Creature ● Evolution Cross Gear
Evolution Dragheart Creature ● Evolution Exile Creature ● Evolution Psychic Creature
Exile Creature ● Final Forbidden Creature ● Final Forbidden Field ● Forbidden Core ● Forbidden Creature
Forbidden Field ● Forbidden Impulse ● Gacharange Creature ● Happiness Field ● Moonless Night Field
Mono Artifact ● Neo Creature ● Neo Evolution Creature ● Neo Gacharange Creature ● Orega Aura
Psychic Creature ● Psychic Field ● Psychic Super Creature
T2 Field ● Ceremony of Zeron ● Zeron Creature ● Zeron Nebula
Super Deck Zero Duel ● Start Deck Champion Finals
Adds Civilization ● Adds Race ● Alternate Win ● Alternative Cost
Attack Bend ● Basic Card ● Cantrip ● Card Discard ● Chump Block
Cost Reduction ● Clutch ● Deck Manipulation ● Degenerate ● Diamond State
Draw Engine ● Draw Lock ● Draw Source ● Draw Spell
Extra Turn ● Finisher ● Graveyard Fertilizer ● Graveyard Summon
Hand Addition ● Hand Change ● Increase Power
Infinite ● Infinite Attacker ● Infinite Blocker
Mana Acceleration ● Mana Burn ● Mana Curve ● Mana Summon
Opponent Reliance ● Peeping ● Prevents Attack ● Prevents Defeat
Reset ● Resistance ● Reverse Fury Charge ● Reverse Slayer ● Shield Addition
Shield Burn ● Shield Change ● Shield Peek
Suicide ● Skip the rest of the turn ● Trample
Unattackable ● Unblockable ● Unchoosable
Vigilance ● Win All Battles ● 3D Dragsolution
Cards that can be put into the Battle Zone at the start of the game
Blocker Based Removal ● Bounce ● Can Attack Untapped Creatures
Card Based Removal ● Decrease Power ● Fixed Removal ● Force Battle ● Mass Removal
Power Based Removal ● Reset ● Sealing ● Self Removal ● Tap In ● Tap and Destroy
4 or more of this card in your deck ● Activation Cost ● Additional Cost ● Attacking Creature
Can't be destroyed ● Choose a race ● Color Accident ● Concept ● Consists of ● Counter
Dead Card ● Deck Building ● Deck Compression ● Designer's Combo ● Evolution Icon
Evolution Source ● Face Up ● Forced ● Gacha Figure ● Game
Game Table ● Hyperspatial Cost ● Key Card ● Limited Card ● Mode ● Name Rule
Optional ● Overkill ● Play ● Power Creep ● Quasi-Vanilla ● Real Cost ● Repair
Rock-Paper-Scissors ● Stop ● System Creature ● The Over Eggplant-cross
Touch ● Trivia card ● Twinpactification